Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker News.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought whatever happens we would have a new striker because of the seemingly cast-iron back up plan, if the first choice(s) didn't come off?

Unless I missed it and it this player confirmed as Lukaku, which makes the whole idea of a confirmed backup a bit of a nonsense. I get a bit lost with what is said on as rumour, and then what actually gets confirmed/dismissed. I think I'll stick to not believing a word of what anyone writes on the Internet...

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Have you any idea how many are on the list rather than whom? Presumably if first, second and third choice targets are going elsewhere, it will be like starting again. Is there anyone out there of the desired quality and within our budget?

I only get told something when we have had a bid accepted, I dont get told who is on the 'list' as .... well there is enough rumours as it is on here.

So as far as I know we are NOT close to anyone ATM.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I thought whatever happens we would have a new striker because of the seemingly cast-iron back up plan, if the first choice(s) didn't come off?

Unless I missed it and it this player confirmed as Lukaku, which makes the whole idea of a confirmed backup a bit of a nonsense. I get a bit lost with what is said on as rumour, and then what actually gets confirmed/dismissed. I think I'll stick to not believing a word of what anyone writes on the Internet...

Yep, apparently the back up was Lukaku, but we didn't want to get him in in case we managed to get another striker in on permanent deal rather than a loan, i.e. suggesting Chelsea and Lukaku were just sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting to see if we did them a favour and took him on loan. Was probably my favourite rumour of the summer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I only get told something when we have had a bid accepted, I dont get told who is on the 'list' as .... well there is enough rumours as it is on here.

So as far as I know we are NOT close to anyone ATM.

Ok - thank you for responding though. You're spot on with the comment about the rumours......

I sometimes wonder whether Danny Graham (Swansea) will be Laudrup's preferred choice of player, just a thought. Stumbling block for us, obviously, will almost certainly be wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here