Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro, Poke and Gonzales not offered new deals (merged)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thre are plenty of clubs in the Championship and in League 1 who will be interested in the players we might be willing to move along. If we start september with players like Dicker, Ankergren, Brezovan, Calderon, Harley and Vincelot (as random examples picked for no obvious reason) I will be more than happy. I like all the players we have at the club at the moment, I wasn't fond of Gonzalez and he's gone. So, I'm happy.

Harley :lolol:

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
I will always appreciate the contribution by Nav to the Albion cause. I feel sure he will be snapped up and I hope he will get a good reception if we play his next team.

UTA

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Thre are plenty of clubs in the Championship and in League 1 who will be interested in the players we might be willing to move along. If we start september with players like Dicker, Ankergren, Brezovan, Calderon, Harley and Vincelot (as random examples picked for no obvious reason) I will be more than happy. I like all the players we have at the club at the moment, I wasn't fond of Gonzalez and he's gone. So, I'm happy.

Then you will be watching a team that will not progress beyond mid table, if that!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Genuinely good luck to Navarro. Thought he was very solid this season, and played his role well.

Poke a bit of a surprise, but hardly shocking. Gonzalez seemed unlikely to stay unless he was amazing anyway, so not strange he's gone.

With the keeper releases seems like Gus will be bringing in a new keeper?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very surprised at Navarro being released as I thought he was superb for us but in Gus we Trust

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We can't win anything with youngsters.

I will always appreciate the contribution by Nav to the Albion cause. I feel sure he will be snapped up and I hope he will get a good reception if we play his next team.

UTA

Navarro's career reminds me a bit like Peter O'Sullivan. We might not have seen the last of him. If his career does mimic Peter O'Sullivan, he might even be "Player of the Season" next season, but who for? I think O'Sullivan was eventually replaced by McCrab. This is a more forward role, the one occupied by Vicente though.

The equivalent position in the late seventies was Brian Horton. Horton was more comfortable in possession and got forward for a few goals and was influential by his leading personality. It is an important position and rather being satisfied with our current players it is a position we could look to improve. But there are not many players of merit around. Plenty of better athletes than Navarro. If he does leave the age of the squad will be going down. We can't win anything with youngsters. We need experience as well.

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I hope that the release of Navarro signifies that Gus is going to give JFC a chance - surely he could play in a similar role to Navs but with a greater range of passing. If Gus sees Dicker as the answer god help us.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well done Nav in helping get our club into a brilliant position, you have been a great player and are a great person to boot really hope you get a good contract on the back of all your hard work with us.

:amex:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Good decisions by Gus. Overall, Navarro is competent at this league level - it's a signal that Gus wants better than competent.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Good decisions by Gus. Overall, Navarro is competent at this league level - it's a signal that Gus wants better than competent.

Well,if it is a signal from Gus that he wants(and can afford) better than competent, then he'll have to dispose of quite a few others as well.
Anyway all the best to Navarro;it was good to see him able to make such a contribution after a very serious injury.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Why the f*** did poyet play Navarro so much this season then? Him not wanting promotion this season looks more and more likely...

I agree with all releases through. Best for all parties involved.

completely agree....why not play JFC if Navs not in his plans? strange.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
completely agree....why not play JFC if Navs not in his plans? strange.

I thought JFC did well when he played but I also think he struggled a bit against the strength of other championship midfielders. Hopefully Gus is letting him build up his strength before unleashing him next year!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Why the f*** did poyet play Navarro so much this season then? Him not wanting promotion this season looks more and more likely...

I agree with all releases through. Best for all parties involved.

It's what most of us thought about 6 weeks ago.

Gus will prune, cut and then make a couple of sensational signings.

TNBA

TTF

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Think this is a contract thing. Navarro played well since Christmas and was favoured by Gus. Would not be at all surprised to see him in an Albion shirt again next season by hook or by crook ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here