Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro, Poke and Gonzales not offered new deals (merged)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope for Gonzales's sake he doesn't concede an early free-kick that curled a lot. He'll be sarcastically applauded by his own fans every time he catches the ball after one, not completely unreasonable, mistake. Which will make it very difficult for him to relax into the team, and lead to his manager protecting him from such a ridiculous and offensive fan reaction by not playing him at home in the following match and saving him for an away game.

Still can't quite believe that happened.

What a bunch of tossers those so called Albion fans are, and it wasn't appropriate anyway as he caught pretty much everything all game and played pretty well.

Imagine if Bobby Zamora had missed a couple of sitters on his debut for us?

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I hope for Gonzales's sake he doesn't concede an early free-kick that curled a lot. He'll be sarcastically applauded by his own fans every time he catches the ball after one, not completely unreasonable, mistake. Which will make it very difficult for him to relax into the team, and lead to his manager protecting him from such a ridiculous and offensive fan reaction by not playing him at home in the following match and saving him for an away game.
To be fair, it was only the goons in the north stand.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok then I stand corrected but still think he was better than what we saw of him. Maybe that is another reason we have new keepy coach.

I agree he was better than we saw (but I thought what we saw wasn't as bad as some people seem to be suggesting), just wondered if I was misinterpreting the too risky comment.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think Gonzales would have been offered a new deal, if Ankergren and Brezovan both weren't contracted until the end of this season.

But I think a new number one was always on the cards, and four senior keepers would have been taking the piss.... threes pushing it as it is!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I still thought he was pretty good, but had a nightmare with a hospital ball from Dunk (?) as his first touch! Then that free-kick must've really thrown him. I'm with some of the others suggesting that he's probably better than a lot of Albion fans took him for.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Ah Gonzalez yes, I love Baseball threads, fabulous glittering career with the Colarado Rockies, I've been a huge fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here