Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro, Poke and Gonzales not offered new deals (merged)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think a lot of people have judged Gonzalez WAYYY too quickly and harshly on here. He was pretty good barring that free kick that swerved like an absolute BASTARD. Nowhere near enough time to see just how good he was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He might have been seen in a better light, had he not taken the place of a hero.

There was plenty of love of him, esp during the first stint.
I seem to remember chuntering on at a Roar, as they slurped Gonzales (probably rightly so)

But the way Calderon stuck at the task, covered centre half brilliantly, there was no way Gonzales was going to get as easier ride, second time round.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe they only saw his first stint here, and not the second where he couldn't pass to a team mate.

He might have been seen in a better light, had he not taken the place of a hero.

I seem to remember chuntering on at a Roar, as they slurped Gonzales (probably rightly so)

But the way Calderon stuck at the task, covered centre half brilliantly, there was no way Gonzales was going to get as easier ride, second time round.

Are you two getting your South Americans confused?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I think you have the wrong player. :lol:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

You are talking about Reyes aren't you ?

Wrong player !!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I think a lot of people have judged Gonzalez WAYYY too quickly and harshly on here. He was pretty good barring that free kick that swerved like an absolute BASTARD. Nowhere near enough time to see just how good he was.

I saw 3 games where he played and in all 3 his distribution was terrible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sir sir it was Albumen fault sir, I copied him, that's why I got it wrong.

Epic fail sorry chaps, I did wonder what Mellotron was on about :facepalm:.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I saw 3 games where he played and in all 3 his distribution was terrible.

The game in which he conceded that free kick, his distribution was absolutely fine.

I like how I'm the ONLY one on topic here!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As for Reyes, clearly a talented lad, but perhaps concentration and application seemed to be the questions...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
and he only played two games.

Thought so! WAAAYYY too little time to judge as harshly as some have. Both Brez and Ankers have easily played as badly in TWO games, if you cherry picked which two.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I hope for Gonzales's sake he doesn't concede an early free-kick that curled a lot. He'll be sarcastically applauded by his own fans every time he catches the ball after one, not completely unreasonable, mistake. Which will make it very difficult for him to relax into the team, and lead to his manager protecting him from such a ridiculous and offensive fan reaction by not playing him at home in the following match and saving him for an away game.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

With you on this. If Man City had him on their books he must have been better than what we saw of him. Too risky time of the season to take a chance on him IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With you on this. If Man City had him on their books he must have been better than what we saw of him. Too risky time of the season to take a chance on him IMO.

How so? His two games were the 44th and 46th games of the season when we had no realistic chance of making he play offs. We effectively had nothing to play for.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
How so? His two games were the 44th and 46th games of the season when we had no realistic chance of making he play offs. We effectively had nothing to play for.

Ok then I stand corrected but still think he was better than what we saw of him. Maybe that is another reason we have new keepy coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here