Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If people like the beach so much

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Boom-tish.

Well it was only a summer job - but I loved it. And it was an eye-opener what was found around Russell Square in those days.

Wandering around town in the summer, and getting paid ?

I did that one summer. My gig was from the Palace Pier to Hove Lagoon with a long stretch of sitting by the water before making my way back. An excellent job for a student.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Get the scroungers out of bed and into jobs litter picking to get their dole money or even the Community Payback ( Community Service ) criminals should be put to work. Bollocks to their human rights!

I suggested this on a thread a little while back about making the doleys and petty crims litter pick and tidying up grass verges. Apparently health and safety legislation prevents them from using strimmers and scythes. There is probably a restriction on them using using litter grab-sticks too.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Why do they leave it looking like a ****ing tip!

If people love a day on the beach bbqs, drinking, picnics etc why cant they clear up after themselves the lazy :tosser: Every morning from Saltdean through to Hove it looks like someone has emptied a landfill site onto the beach :angry:

Cant imagine its locals surely ???

if they were charged to come into brighton, maybe they wouldn't.

yes. I never see brightoners trashing it. Just out of towners. I. HATE. Daytrippers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hate littering and would love to see the police fining people - question to edna (?) why do the police never do anything about it?

Because- as people love to tell us- we're too busy out catching rapists & murderers?

In all seriousness, we have to catch them doing it, & frankly even the biggest morons don't tend to lob their rubbish away in front of a uniformed officer or marked car.

I hate it (don't even get me started on fly-tipping)- I promise you now if I ever see someone lobbing their McDonald's debris out of the car window I stop them straight away & deal with it. It's disgusting.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Prob cause most of em are day trippers who don't live in the City and therefore don't give a shit! Alot of them clear up after themselves i expect, but some are lazy buggers.

A messy beach is a small price to pay considering the amount of money they spend in the city i suppose? You can't make an omelette without cracking an egg, as they say!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Because- as people love to tell us- we're too busy out catching rapists & murderers?

In all seriousness, we have to catch them doing it, & frankly even the biggest morons don't tend to lob their rubbish away in front of a uniformed officer or marked car.

I hate it (don't even get me started on fly-tipping)- I promise you now if I ever see someone lobbing their McDonald's debris out of the car window I stop them straight away & deal with it. It's disgusting.

:thumbsup:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Prob cause most of em are day trippers who don't live in the City and therefore don't give a shit! Alot of them clear up after themselves i expect, but some are lazy buggers.

A messy beach is a small price to pay considering the amount of money they spend in the city i suppose? You can't make an omelette without cracking an egg, as they say!

Make them pay a toll. It's our beach that they trash at leisure. Furthermore, residents seem to get ussed by in favour of tourists, as everyone seems to overlook them as they're funding our coffers. They get away with a lot of shit that we residents have to deal with.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Good work. It is disgusting, I hate seeing rubbish all over Brighton and Hove, there really is no need for it.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Seaford beach is no different this week and I would hazard a guess most of those leaving rubbish are locals as it is more a locals beach! Same problem as all across Sussex, the Seagulls make it look worse but walking past two discarded shitty nappies pretty much sums up some people! But I do believe it is a minority that make it look shit in places for the majority!

I have been lucky enough to work all over the world and trust me, we are not as bad as a lot, but we all agree we could be better!

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I live near a small park and the other day some kind person took their rubbish with them but dumped it in my front garden. Lovely

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Went down Goring Gap after work with my work pals for a BBQ and a kick a bout, ok there was a council van going around picking up all the rubbish but why should they ? There are enough bins around to go and put your rubbish in, why don't people do it, lazy fuckers

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm afraid it's not humans generally. Our British lowlife population is by far the worst of the so called "civilised" countries

I know some very respectable people who litter and justify it by saying i keep street cleaners in work.......knobheads.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think one of the problems is that it's a vicious circle. Littering is so out of control and the place gets so scuzzy that some people then think nothing of making it worse. I reckon that when places are kept very clean then there's far more onus on people to keep it that way, through peer pressure and just plain common sense.

But nobody wants to pay for the cleaning in the first place..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here