Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If people like the beach so much

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Agree with all the comments on here.

If Adults/Parents don't take litter home with them, how are their kids going to learn.

I would say that keeping the bins empty, and having more of them would help too. Frustrating when you bag all your litter up, only for nowhere to put it.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I really hate people who drop litter. The other day, car in front of me starting throwing rubbish out of their window. Take away bag and cups. Wish the Police had caught up with them. I would have pulled the shits over, got them to park up and would have walked them back down the road to clear it all up.

My brother works at MC'Do as a cleaner. On a few occasions, he has told me some people have deliberately thrown their rubbish out in front of him and told him to go and pick it up. I would probably last 5 mins in that job. I think I might have dragged the customer out of their car and rubbed their face in the rubbish.

This reminds me of a time we were up in Scotland. We stopped at some temporary traffic lights,i in a small village, and the driver of the car in front dropped a take away bag out of the window. The guy I was with got out of our car, walked over and opened the door of the other car, and told the driver to pick the litter up.

He is about 6ft 4, built like the proverbial outhouse, and a Royal Marine.

The other guy didn't argue.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This reminds me of a time we were up in Scotland. We stopped at some temporary traffic lights,i in a small village, and the driver of the car in front dropped a take away bag out of the window. The guy I was with got out of our car, walked over and opened the door of the other car, and told the driver to pick the litter up.

He is about 6ft 4, built like the proverbial outhouse, and a Royal Marine.

The other guy didn't argue.

reminds me of many years ago walking the dog with my mum in the park we came across a car with 4 chaps in it who had thrown a tonne of crap and beer cans out of the windows,my mum scooped it all up(causing much giggling to the occupants) and then to my horror instead of putting it in the nearby bin luzzed it all into the car.
we left the scene quite abruptly and i gave her a bit of a bollocking..........but was secretly thinking i had the coolest mum it was possible to have.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
was down on the promenade last night ( we wander most evenings along from the bowling green in hove to the italian restaurant by the west pier and have a coffee at the cafe before that) and I agree about the waste, but around 9 ish, there was the wail of sirens and a fire engine had arrived as some dick had put a bar-b-que in one of the normal bins and set it alight.

One old bloke came up to karen and i when we were sat on the bench and moaned for 10 minutes about all the BBQ's smoke flowing into his house ( he lives in one of the houses/flats opposite Hove Lawns) and pointed out all the people having said bbq's on the lawns right next to a HUGE sign saying NO BBQs.

The haze from the smoke is quite something to see.

The moment anyone enforced the no BBQ rule there would be a huge backlash about council petty mindedness and being spoilsports etc.... there would be a picture in The Arsegas of some poor disgruntled family who had traveled to the seaside for the first time only to have their day out ruined etc.... Maybe it should be the job of the police ? if they walked along dishing out £50 spot fines the problem would be solved pretty quickly.

as a ps, I was down Worthing beach sunday morning collecting fishing bait and when walking back up the beach and saw, just in time, an empty glass olive jar, I was able to transport it the 10 yds further up where a bin was waiting. But, what IDIOT leaves glass bottles on a beach ?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
reminds me of many years ago walking the dog with my mum in the park we came across a car with 4 chaps in it who had thrown a tonne of crap and beer cans out of the windows,my mum scooped it all up(causing much giggling to the occupants) and then to my horror instead of putting it in the nearby bin luzzed it all into the car.
we left the scene quite abruptly and i gave her a bit of a bollocking..........but was secretly thinking i had the coolest mum it was possible to have.

Lol ^^^^^^^^^

I was cycling to work this morning along the seafront, Hove/Brighton and the mess was bloody awful just before the King Alfred (West side). Majority of it must have been seagulls and/or foxes as it was strewn everywhere. That's the problem if the bins are all full, nobody takes their rubbish home and just dumps it next to the bin.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
there are set beaches that allow fires on them as long as you are below the high water mark (behind the King Alfred was one dont know if it still is )most of the language schools has their beach party's(with fires) there years ago

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Littering really grinds my gears... People bring stuff in bags, so why is it so hard to put it all back in a bag & either chuck it in the bin or take it home?

I've noticed that some who get all in a huff about litter are smokers who luzz their cigarette butts on the ground (particularly out of their car window). It's litter too, right? ???

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
People should be responsible for their own mess, but if the Council don't monitor overflowing bins as efficiently as they should then they are just as culpable. Other countries seem to have non stop trash vans going around public places generally keeping them clean. Get the scroungers out of bed and into jobs litter picking to get their dole money or even the Community Payback ( Community Service ) criminals should be put to work. Bollocks to their human rights!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It might help if everything we buy wasn't double and triple wrapped in packaging, there just too much rubbish, the bins overflow after short while due to so much waste material.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
People should be responsible for their own mess, but if the Council don't monitor overflowing bins as efficiently as they should then they are just as culpable. Other countries seem to have non stop trash vans going around public places generally keeping them clean. Get the scroungers out of bed and into jobs litter picking to get their dole money or even the Community Payback ( Community Service ) criminals should be put to work. Bollocks to their human rights!

I'll vote you in as PM on that policy alone!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
to be fair to the council last night, the rubbish wagon was patroling up and down practically all the time we were there emptying the bins. They had put the large wheelie bins there too. This council worker, large Irish chap went along lifting the lids so people could chuck their stuff in them, commenting to us that at least they would not have to lift the lid...

walking back to the car, at around 9:30 odd, the beach by king alfred looked like sheepcoat valley tip!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Perhaps they should put up signs that the sorts of people that drop litter might understand e.g.

"Pick your f***ing litter up you f***ing twat"

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perhaps they should put up signs that the sorts of people that drop litter might understand e.g.

"Pick your f***ing litter up you f***ing twat"

Whilst we are on the subject, last night we hardly heard one English accent in the billions of people on the seafront, but there were loads of Russian type accents. Including one woman who I take is was telling her man friend just where he could f*** off to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here