Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think i love that from Hurzeler

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But give him the wrecked squad that RDZ had towards the end of the season, he’d have needed a D, E and F plan as well. In fact the whole sodding alphabet
De Zerbi ended up with a wrecked squad, so I’m led to understand, because his training sessions involved a lot of standing around whilst he explained systems, positioning and responsibilities - or players practiced individual phases of play over and over until they ‘got it.’

Hence the squad were going into games short of sharpness and conditioning and inevitably picking up injuries.

In many ways, de Zerbi was the architect of his own downfall.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don’t think it was an intentional low block, just forced into it first half. We had 3 forwards on and the goal was a classic 2 up front long ball, 1-2, goal.

I know Welbeck was forced off, but bringing Mitoma and Enciso on wasn’t a ‘Moyes-esque’ see the game out, and actually the 2 of them had the best chances of the 2nd half.

Great to see a progression of tactics, but also to see us not play well but show some real grit in fighting our way into the game then the resilience to carry that all important threat second half. Great stuff.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Lessons clearly learned from the Chelsea game just after the last international break, when we used players that clearly had very little energy in the tank.

Resting most of the globetrotters was a good call and think we'll go with that again in three days or whenever the next international break is.
Did you mean to type Chelsea?

Ipswich was the game that came immediately after the last international break (which was then followed by Forest and then Chelsea).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here