Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think i love that from Hurzeler

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I’m still not fully convinced by him tbh. Got a bit lucky first half. The line was ridiculous v Chelsea and Spurs. But glad he had the nerve to completely change it today at the same time. Want him to learn quickly whilst still picking up results, so happy overall.
Give me lucky generals, eh?!

I believe we have to give managers time to try things out and make mistakes. That was my thinking for the first half hour of the game. At the end I think he got it spot on.

But the original thought is important. We are so obsessed with individual game results in England that young managers rarely have the space or time to try things out or experiment. Bloom seems an exception. We can remember Potters false nine, didn't work, but he was given the space to try it. That's so important for a young manager who is developing in the game.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Fair enough, but I personally loved it - all about the result, and the graft and teamwork to get there. We won't set up like that very often, but the fact we can do it is a lovely string to our bow
Precisely this.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I’m going to get rinsed for this but I miss RDZ and DeZerbiball. Obviously delighted we won but it’s not nearly as good to watch.
Was you feeling like this come 90 mins against spurs? It's going to take time for Fabs style of play to bed in. DeZerbiball was great when RDZ was happy. DeZerbiball was not so good when things didn't go his way I.e. second half of last season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Potter and RDZ were mostly about systems. Hurzeler is mostly about results.

That’s not to FH doesn’t have a system nor that GP and RDZ didn’t get results but the priority seems to have switched. I’m all for it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Potter and RDZ were mostly about systems. Hurzeler is mostly about results.

That’s not to FH doesn’t have a system nor that GP and RDZ didn’t get results but the priority seems to have switched. I’m all for it.
Exactly this .

We just had to hang in there and get a bit lucky

Second half the changes and preserving the goal advantage was nothing we’ve seen under rdz

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly this .

We just had to hang in there and get a bit lucky

Second half the changes and preserving the goal advantage was nothing we’ve seen under rdz
In general you’re right but, ironically, the outlier with RDZ is Newcastle. Last season, with a tired and injury battered squad, we played a lower line, longer balls and used Enciso to drive at them and beat individual players.

It was only a 1-1 of course but everyone travelling expected a defeat.

Many saying Howe should have got England instead of Tuchel but we’ve outsmarted him twice in two games at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here