Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think i love that from Hurzeler

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Pragmatic, not married to a system, got us a win at one of the hardest away days of the season. No high line, no wingers, there you go Newcastle, we're just going to be solid and compact and we're going to restrict you to two or three decent chances in the 90. Yes it wasn't pretty for long periods, and yes, several players weren't at their best, but that was a performance that said we want the win, we don't care how we get it, we mean business. And as I'm up on cloud nine at the final whistle, that will do me Fab 😀

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Pragmatic, not married to a system, got us a win at one of the hardest away days of the season. No high line, no wingers, there you go Newcastle, we're just going to be solid and compact and we're going to restrict you to two or three decent chances in the 90. Yes it wasn't pretty for long periods, and yes, several players weren't at their best, but that was a performance that said we want the win, we don't care how we get it, we mean business. And as I'm up on cloud nine at the final whistle, that will do me Fab 😀
“Not married to a system” is what I’m loving. Keep the opposition guessing & tailored tactics 👍🏻

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I’m going to get rinsed for this but I miss RDZ and DeZerbiball. Obviously delighted we won but it’s not nearly as good to watch.

Fair enough, but I personally loved it - all about the result, and the graft and teamwork to get there. We won't set up like that very often, but the fact we can do it is a lovely string to our bow

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Huge credit to Hurzeler, if we'd have got spanked he'd have got pelters for that line-up.

I loved that it was pragmatic. RDZ never changed how he wanted to play, and while I respect that, it was wonderful to win dirty. It was almost the perfect away smash-and-grab.

My opinion of him tumbled dramatically his last 6 months with us when he stubbornly refused to adapt his tactics to our opponents' style of play. Never the sign of a great coach, imo.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I’m going to get rinsed for this but I miss RDZ and DeZerbiball. Obviously delighted we won but it’s not nearly as good to watch.
Fair enough. In the same way I miss Potter ball. But we move on with the new guy. It's tough to win at Newcastle, but he did it. You don't win championships without being pragmatic at times, you don't do it without adapting to your opponents. It's something you need to do.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It’s still too early to judge his style of football.
He showed today that while his favoured style is developing, he can be pragmatic when needed.
That gives me more confidence than a flashy performance, in a way.

Last edited:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
My opinion of him tumbled dramatically his last 6 months with us when he stubbornly refused to adapt his tactics to our opponents' style of play. Never the sign of a great coach, imo.

The same for me. When you get a coach who believes the world must change for them, because they cannot change for the world, you have a problem.

In a fight between reality vs the human ego, my money’s on reality every time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It was beautiful for 12 months. No one can take that away …. some try.

But winning means so much, under any manager.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Huge credit to Hurzeler, if we'd have got spanked he'd have got pelters for that line-up.

I loved that it was pragmatic. RDZ never changed how he wanted to play, and while I respect that, it was wonderful to win dirty. It was almost the perfect away smash-and-grab.
Quite, how many of those have we been on the wrong end of?

We have a German pragmatist as manager now and the Germans are notoriously difficult to beat generally. He bores the arse off me when I listen to him but he is doing a great job so far and he’s not paid to be a witty charismatic talker.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
I’m still not fully convinced by him tbh. Got a bit lucky first half. The line was ridiculous v Chelsea and Spurs. But glad he had the nerve to completely change it today at the same time. Want him to learn quickly whilst still picking up results, so happy overall.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

And flogged our players like beasts of burden.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m still not fully convinced by him tbh. Got a bit lucky first half. The line was ridiculous v Chelsea and Spurs. But glad he had the nerve to completely change it today at the same time. Want him to learn quickly whilst still picking up results, so happy overall.
Jesus give him a chance 8 games in and if results had gone our way against Ipswich & Forest we would be top of the league.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Did you feel the same after our second half performance vs Spurs?

And did you enjoy the few months of absolute dog shit RDZ served up after our defeat to Roma?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here