Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: Not happy with two players

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Bridcutt was our best player last night, the boy pops up everywhere and spoils opposition play.

My favourite kind of player - the no-nonsense midfield ball winner, and he does it better than anyone I've seen in an Albion shirt.

Why Harley is even on the same pitch as Bridders is beyond me

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
errr who picked the team last night??????

If Gus doesn't rate certain players then why is he picking them, seeing them play poorly and then dropping them - he did this last season with Harley in particular.

Can't surely have been that he didn't know whether these players are good enough at this level - he should have worked that out long ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gus!!!!!!!

Brendan Rodgers! He must have seen Gus coming a mile off. We could take his son (Anton) hostage and only release him if he buys Harley and Painter back. :lol:

Brendan Rogers didn't sell us Marcos Painter.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I tend to think the two players were not picked last night because their attitude was not right.

i think we only need 25 senior players, so some players will be leaving ....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
errr who picked the team last night??????

If Gus doesn't rate certain players then why is he picking them, seeing them play poorly and then dropping them - he did this last season with Harley in particular.

Can't surely have been that he didn't know whether these players are good enough at this level - he should have worked that out long ago.

Well, seeing as the two he was referring to were Sparrow and Vincelot, then he didn't pick them!

As for why he's had enough of them, I can only assume that is disciplinary problems, combined with an attitude we don't see off the pitch. Did they kick off yesterday at being left out? Have they not done enough in the off season to get into shape, and didn't like being told so, when left out?

I don't know, but surely it has to be something like that if he reacts like this after a game about 2 players who didn't make the matchday squad.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Harley is one of them Gus has to ask himself why he spent so much time chasing him and £250,000 (reported figure) for his services.

I noted Harley ruinning off the ball into some good positions, and being in the right place for defence as well. Not that he got much of the ball but Navarro did not have such a free reign when he was on the pitch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Harley is one of them Gus has to ask himself why he spent so much time chasing him and £250,000 (reported figure) for his services.

I imagine he has asked himself that question, yes. There is no doubt Harley has dissappointed. Not every signing works out (this is not news).

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
Bridcutt was our best player last night, the boy pops up everywhere and spoils opposition play.

My favourite kind of player - the no-nonsense midfield ball winner, and he does it better than anyone I've seen in an Albion shirt.

Why Harley is even on the same pitch as Bridders is beyond me

Completely agree with you. It's a shame Crofts wasn't available as he compliments Bridcutt really well in midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here