Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: Not happy with two players

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't see him questioning Greer's future at the club based on one performance, he is captain and one of our best most consistent players.

Who says he is? Might just be a case of "IF you carry on like that, we'll have a problem"

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Really do not think Noone is good enough for a side wanting to challenge for Premier League football.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Who says he is? Might just be a case of "IF you carry on like that, we'll have a problem"

But you don't say that to a consistently good player after one sub par performance, would make no sense.

I would be very surprised if it was Greer, but we shall see tomorrow I guess.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Harley played like he always plays :shrug:

Is that the same Wayne Bridge who was an England international?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
On that games' basis: Noone, Harley/Dicker. But considering previous comments by Naylor probably Spaz and Vincelot.

I rather hope that he put Harley/Dicker in as a "show me what you can do" challenge. Which Harley especially failed. I reckon Spaz and Vinnie are safe for now!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Noone and Dicker I think.
If Harley hadn't been under fire last season I doubt most people would've mentioned it.

Noone (I know it's been mentioned before, but it's true!) has a poor end product, 90% of his crosses tonight just sailed over everyone's heads and out for a throw or a corner.
Dicker was slow and got caught in possession a few times, so nothing new.

I thought Harley was pretty anonymous to be honest, can't really think of anything good or bad he did apart from one shot on target with his left foot early in the second half.

One of my friends who rarely watches football made a comment after the match and it occurred to me as a valid point - she said "Are these players really tall or is the pitch really small?". Because the Amex pitch is so big (about 15 feet wider than Swindon's I think), that could be a reason why most of Greer's long passes went just over Noone's head?

Some positives:

Bruno looked good, strong and passionate, and practically all of his passes were inch perfect. A thunderous strike too to force a decent save from the Swindon keeper.
Agdestein looked lively when he came on and could've scored right near the end.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought Dunk had a stinker too.

Indeed, although I do wonder if it just might be Harley & Dicker that Gus was referring to? Hey, it's just a hunch folks - so don't slaughter me if I'm totally off-beam. :shrug:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Gus LOVES Dicker. Gus has said Dicker has been one player who fully understands the way he wants to play. I would be very surprised if it was him.

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bridge seemed ok..but no more...didnt seem that keen on linking up with Noone

Can you blame him tonight?

He knew that every ball to Noone was going to be wasted. Bridge played in 3 quality crosses in the first half which is 3 more than Noone has managed for nearly a year.

Bridge is still premier league class and will only get better with more games.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ps As a matter of interest, how much was it Cardiff were offering for Nooney?

:whistle:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bridge still looked injured to me. Bruno is fecking awesome though.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
just got home harley was shit dicker was shit only 2 who looked like they wanted to win where bridcut and bruno

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Alas, I can think of five players, only two of them on the pitch and neither of the two were on for the whole game.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I've just had a chat with Gus. He said he only mentioned the two players to naylor to do him a favour in selling the Argus tomorrow and to see how many players would be fingered as being one of the two he mentioned on a thread on NSC by some pissed up fans still talking about a meaningless defeat in a hokey cokey cup game. I'm going for Vicente and Bruno. Both were out of their depth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Gus thinks that Vicente is an out and out forward, maybe we should worry....I hope that's the last time he asks him to play there.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Greer for me. Lost number of the amount of times he over hit passed to Noone. Made to look like a total idiot twice for the second Swindon goal. In fairness to Noone he beat his man plenty of times despite being tightly marked. It was his final ball which let him down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here