Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: Not happy with two players

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dicker and Barnes...... but of course we know he doesn't mean Barnes.

Why would it be Barnes? He was probably one of our better players, and I'm aware that's not saying much. Easily our main goal threat in 1st half.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is brutally frank ever used in a good way? Perhap he is brutally frank with vicente that he needs to stay with brighton, and brutally frank with Bridge that he should be taking a huge pay cut to join us permanently.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I got to the pub twenty minutes late and have to say that until they were substituted I didn't realise either Harley or Dicker were playing.....and that from someone who has rated Mr Dicker very highly over the last two seasons. I'll just add that I totally agree Noone's crossing was very, very poor. So I'd say it's two from those three.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Navarro for a start. As if two own goals weren't bad enough, he celebrated them.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If its not the two left out its got to be Harley and Dicker. please dont let it be Noone. I'd be prasing Noone to the max, and give his agent a bung to get the Cardiff deal back on. £1.5 million for Noone. Yes please!!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I can guarantee he's talking about Greer. How many hoofs up to, and over Noone immediately giving away possession. I do like GG but today he was poor.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Is brutally frank ever used in a good way? Perhap he is brutally frank with vicente that he needs to stay with brighton, and brutally frank with Bridge that he should be taking a huge pay cut to join us permanently.

I reckon Pat Butcher used it to say it the morning after she'd had one hell of a spinning bow-tie roasting the night before and she meant it in a thoroughly pleased way.

In this case, Gus wants them to know they need to do what he says, and get with the programme quickly, or else. No one is irreplaceable, with the obvious exception, but everyone else needs to fight for their place in every game, or changes will be made.

Hilly

Banned
Jul 24, 2007
Would imagine its Spaz and Vincelot, given their omission from the squad in favour of Dickenson and Oatway.

The comment on the OS re "players on the pitch who've been with the club two years under-performing" and thus "I need to move on" seems to me to be in the context of moving on to the next game as opposed to shipping them out.

Oct 25, 2003
with buckley, cms and kll all out at the moment, this is noone's time to really cement his place in the team and to make it hard for them to get back in, judging by tonight he's going to fall WELL short of doing that

PLEASE PLEASE learn how to cross, you're a winger it's your job

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Greer is a good shout, to be fair. Gus is generally far more damning of players who don't follow the script, rather than ones who simply play poorly.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Would imagine its Spaz and Vincelot, given their omission from the squad in favour of Dickenson and Oatway.

After the defeat tonight, there is no way he is going to lay into two players who didn't play surely.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Duplicate post.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Greer is a good shout, to be fair. Gus is generally far more damning of players who don't follow the script, rather than ones who simply play poorly.

I can't see him questioning Greer's future at the club based on one performance, he is captain and one of our best most consistent players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't see him questioning Greer's future at the club based on one performance, he is captain and one of our best most consistent players.

Who says he is? Might just be a case of "IF you carry on like that, we'll have a problem"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here