Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The finish for the goal was fantastic. But from his time at Leeds he missed more than he scored if he continues to put them away like that we have a player. He’s got everything else.
And I always think with young players, don't worry too much about the finishing. Goalscoring is one of the later things that comes. The club have calculated that the metrics on him are very good and the goalscoring will come in time.

The early signs are promising

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think Joao Pedro is a way off from being fit. But just say he was fit for the next game, that is one incredible selection dilemma right there.

I would guess one of them gets shunted out to the right. But wow, that would be a tough call

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Ruttner cost us a goal in the first half…

And he was poor in the first two home games in the periods he played.

I’m really glad he’s got his first two goals though - hopefully this’ll lead to a sustained period of better form for us.
Your comments very much underline what happens with any new player joining the club. It takes time to adjust, and improve, with some it may take longer than expected. Cast your mind back to players that have had a huge impact in the success of the team - Shane Duffy was awful in the first few games he played for us, Marc Cucurella was anonymous, it took some time for Paul Van Hecke to settle in, and so on.

We, as fans, need to show some patience. We have a new manager and coaching staff, half a team of new players, and a new system and style of football. It will take time to come to fruition. So, as it stands, to be sixth in the table after seven games is no bad return. Let’s enjoy that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
IMO he has made the biggest impact so far of our new signings and I think he's going to be one that we can't hold onto long term so enjoy watching him now. Wieffer is improving each game too IMO and Minteh looked a different player after his goal. The future is bright.
Ferdi needs to get up to speed with the pace of the PL he got caught out to many times against Spuds.
Rutter was hopeless first half and prime Messi the second half all very strange.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
So Georginio has a race horse called Bopedro? Surely we now need a Georginio Rutter horses running thread?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
So Georginio has a race horse called Bopedro? Surely we now need a Georginio Rutter horses running thread?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Leeds United fans, probably with some justification, thought they have robbed us for that money. Very good player at Championship level, but £40m is a lot. But there does seem to be something about him, and I think the stats crunchers may not have pressed the wrong buttons after all. Early days yet, but he is still only 22.

Not sure they do. I was surprised to see they paid £35.5m for him so hardly even made anything.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Not sure they do. I was surprised to see they paid £35.5m for him so hardly even made anything.
Think some £10m of that fee were bonuses that were never paid out because they were too shite. But yeah not a fantastic deal for them.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
IMO he has made the biggest impact so far of our new signings and I think he's going to be one that we can't hold onto long term so enjoy watching him now. Wieffer is improving each game too IMO and Minteh looked a different player after his goal. The future is bright.
I thought Wieffer was quality when he came on.

Made some good tackles, was strong and had some impressive dribbling to beat the press at times.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Your comments very much underline what happens with any new player joining the club. It takes time to adjust, and improve, with some it may take longer than expected. Cast your mind back to players that have had a huge impact in the success of the team - Shane Duffy was awful in the first few games he played for us, Marc Cucurella was anonymous, it took some time for Paul Van Hecke to settle in, and so on.

We, as fans, need to show some patience. We have a new manager and coaching staff, half a team of new players, and a new system and style of football. It will take time to come to fruition. So, as it stands, to be sixth in the table after seven games is no bad return. Let’s enjoy that.
Sure, I know all of this 🤣 I’m just highlighting that he’s not been quite as incredible as some are now claiming.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Interesting comment from Glenn Murray at 2.40 on this video. He says that Rutter's datasheet numbers were so off the chart that we felt strongly that he was worth the record fee.

Another interesting comment on us:
'They haven't changed at all despite the run of 1 point from 4 games'

Excuse me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here