Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, but after the game it's really embarrassing asking people what happened.

Not if you can multi task :lolol: .

I did it when folk online claimed that Stephens in our Championship team, later Solly in our PL offered nothing. Confirming my suspicions that people were talking out of their arses.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think he has done brilliantly in the last couple of games. Following up behind Baleba as a soon to be cult figure imo. I did raise an eyebrow when we paid a record fee for him but am being won around
Leeds United fans, probably with some justification, thought they have robbed us for that money. Very good player at Championship level, but £40m is a lot. But there does seem to be something about him, and I think the stats crunchers may not have pressed the wrong buttons after all. Early days yet, but he is still only 22.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I loved his absolute desire to chase down and win the ball every chance he got, incredible workrate. His not giving up attitude got us the second goal and the cross for Welbz winner. He's got an advantage over the other signings in that he's played a season in the Championship so is used to the pace of English football. Still, he's got to produce the goods and he looks like he's mustard at the moment.

Marked difference when Enciso came on, unfortunately.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I hope this is that he's set his sights on the senior squad, now he's scoring and assisting for a top 6 EPL side, and 22 y/o.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I loved his absolute desire to chase down and win the ball every chance he got, incredible workrate. His not giving up attitude got us the second goal and the cross for Welbz winner. He's got an advantage over the other signings in that he's played a season in the Championship so is used to the pace of English football. Still, he's got to produce the goods and he looks like he's mustard at the moment.

Marked difference when Enciso came on, unfortunately.
I’m

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

Interesting comment from Glenn Murray at 2.40 on this video. He says that Rutter's datasheet numbers were so off the chart that we felt strongly that he was worth the record fee.

Ironic that Sherwood turned us down ! Those sour grapes are beginning to smell !

Last edited:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
100% other than replays and close-ups, you miss so much in terms of positioning and movement.
I think this is part of the reason I’m yet to be convinced. I’ve seen a player on TV for Leeds who continually flattered to deceive, then missed the last two home games due to illness and holiday, but the time he had in the first two home games he was generally very poor, both offensively and defensively, just backing up everything I’d seen from his time at Leeds.

I look forward to being proven wrong against Leeds and for the rest of the season.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I thought he was outstanding today. Creative, a warrior. And imho he played well in other recent PL games.

A nightmare for Spurs today.

Mitoma and Rutter also shone in the first half.
Ruttner cost us a goal in the first half…

And he was poor in the first two home games in the periods he played.

I’m really glad he’s got his first two goals though - hopefully this’ll lead to a sustained period of better form for us.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I wasn't sure about his start with us but a very convincing argument made in the 2nd half.

I'm hoping he can be like Pedro. Watford fans liked him but thought they'd had our pants down only for him to push on to another level. I think Rutter might be the same.

I was expecting another delicate little wing flower. But he's actually got plenty of muscle and holds the ball up really well and is a physical presence.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ignoring the price tag which is very difficult to do. But first half had me thinking oh we have a good stand in for Pedro. Second half had me thinking oh we have pedros replacement.

The finish for the goal was fantastic. But from his time at Leeds he missed more than he scored if he continues to put them away like that we have a player. He’s got everything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here