Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson whingeing

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I see he's complaining about only getting only 4mins of injury time to try and get a goal back against Spurs. Over the years they've too often had too much injury time when they are losing or drawing. I bet we'd see no complaints if it had been the other way round.

Isn't this just another example of him bullying referees so that next time they get extra injury time when they are losing by one goal and can make the opposition more nervous in the last few minutes

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
How ironic eh? 4 minutes not enough injury time, we should have had another penalty blah blah blah. I admire what Ferguson has done but he's got absolutely no grace in defeat. When Everton beat them earlier this season & beat them well he couldn't handle it. Saying that he couldn't handle the 4 all draw at old Trafford last season either. & now Spurs. Seriously grab & seat Ferguson & turn down the volume on the hole in your face.

Moving on to Man Utd fans. Barring the real core I can't stand them. U N I T E D united are the team for me. Seriously sort it out. I don't care if Man City buy the league & dominate for the next decade because hopefully it'll bring some of these glory hunters back to reality... Unless they sign up for a season ticket at the Etihad

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
How ironic eh? 4 minutes not enough injury time, we should have had another penalty blah blah blah. I admire what Ferguson has done but he's got absolutely no grace in defeat. When Everton beat them earlier this season & beat them well he couldn't handle it. Saying that he couldn't handle the 4 all draw at old Trafford last season either. & now Spurs. Seriously grab & seat Ferguson & turn down the volume on the hole in your face.

Moving on to Man Utd fans. Barring the real core I can't stand them. U N I T E D united are the team for me. Seriously sort it out. I don't care if Man City buy the league & dominate for the next decade because hopefully it'll bring some of these glory hunters back to reality... Unless they sign up for a season ticket at the Etihad

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Nothing unusual in Fergie having a whinge...those 4 mins are called Fergie time...only called on if MU are losing or drawing,he also whinges if MU are winning and 4 mins are added and the opposition score to make it draw....followed by the Fergie statement, "Whare did that extra time cum from".....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was obvious how everyone would react when there was a "Fergie complains about not enough injury time" story.

However, putting yesterday's game aside, I think he has a point. In the modern game, referees have enough of a job controlling the game. Having to accurately record the amount of injury time to add is quite unnecessary when there is a 4th official. The amount of injury time is also so arbitary - there's little consistency applied and all a bit of a dark art. Why not be completely transparent about how it is going to be calculated?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
It was obvious how everyone would react when there was a "Fergie complains about not enough injury time" story.

However, putting yesterday's game aside, I think he has a point. In the modern game, referees have enough of a job controlling the game. Having to accurately record the amount of injury time to add is quite unnecessary when there is a 4th official. The amount of injury time is also so arbitary - there's little consistency applied and all a bit of a dark art. Why not be completely transparent about how it is going to be calculated?

If that's the case then why has the point not been raised sooner. Just seems so very coincidental that it ties in with a Man Utd defeat. With the amount of playing time spent with the ball out of play, substitutions, players rolling around on the floor 'in agony' you could probably quite easily get 10 minutes added time in some games. I certainly wouldn't have a problem if all these aspects were taken into consideration. Can you imagine the reaction at yesterday's game if the board went up saying 8 minutes injury time? I don't think it would put any old Trafford conspiracy theories to bed anyway

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I believe that official's have to take in to account, injuries ( obviously ) that require the trainer on the pitch and a break in play, substitutions and time lost during goal celebrations. Yet, quite often a match is goal and incident free at half time yet there is a feeling that the ref has to give a token 2 minutes or there would be complaints. how many times do we look at each other and say " where did 5 minutes come from ? "

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Their demise has been there to see for over a season now and it will only accelerate once he finally departs. This is the final rantings of the Emperor as Rome burns around him.

Absolutely hate them!

TNBA

TTF

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
. Just seems so very coincidental that it ties in with a Man Utd defeat.

Of course he wont whinge if Manu U win

Lets face it most mangers will have a whinge if they feel they have a point. A point not necessarily agreed by all. That is the beautiful game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Simple, Ferguson is a great manager, and a ****.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

After Mendes, Webb, and Nani's goal last year, I certainly do not give a shite.

4 Minutes was plenty, infact 4 minutes is more than the normal 3 you get unless something serious has happened.

I do sort of agree the 4th official should be time keeper though.

Dandyman

In London village.
Fergie in 'acting like Fergie always does' shocker.

Indeed - don't remember his outrage when Spurs had perfectly good goals ruled out at Old Trafford.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I like the way rugby do it. I guess there is an official time keeper who decides when to stop and restart the clock. That way everybody knows how long is left and if they are really sad, they can monitor when time does not run and for why.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Man Utd lost the game not because they weren't given an extra 60 seconds, but because they let in 3 goals at home.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Their demise has been there to see for over a season now and it will only accelerate once he finally departs. This is the final rantings of the Emperor as Rome burns around him.

Absolutely hate them!

TNBA

TTF

Yep 10% of the club sold for a mere 60 million, they are around 500 million in debt and that figure is rising.Manure are not a very healthy looking club at the moment

Dec 29, 2011
Yep 10% of the club sold for a mere 60 million, they are around 500 million in debt and that figure is rising.Manure are not a very healthy looking club at the moment

One of the few 'big' Premier League teams that are actually safe when FFP comes in, along with Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here