Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson whingeing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Really? When I look at United I see a club that pulls in 76,000 fans for EVERY home match it plays, has more STHs in its home city than any other club in this country and could probably hit crowds of 100,000 if it had a larger stadium. City? They're a club that has struggled to sell out their stadium even in very recent years, often have large areas of empty seats for relatively big/attractive games and then got a load of bandwagon jumpers when it looked like they would win the league. Joke club. It doesn't matter how much money they throw at it, they will NEVER replicate the class and history that is boasted on the other side of town.

Where's the fishing smilie?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That video of City winning the league makes me feel sick every time I see it. All those plastic fans going crazy and hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players pretending to care. If ever there is a scene that sums up the worst of English football, it is that one.

Sir Alex is doing a tremendous job as ever but the obvious problem is that he is now working with one hand tied behind his back. The Glazers just do not let him invest in the squad to the level that a top club needs to in order to continue to compete at home and in Europe. I know they got RVP, but that's pretty much their only major signing for years. It's a shame because I feel their dynasty is starting to crumble. They look a very mediocre team now and the only strong part of their squad is their attack. Would any other top club seriously want Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Nani, Evans, Rafael, Ferdinand, Lindegaard etc? No, I don't think so. United require six new players just to start competing with the likes of City and Chelsea again, never mind Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Have you been in a pub anywhere in the south of England when utd are playing?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Every one on here seems to have interpreted Ferguson's comments differently to the way I heard it. Yes when I first saw what he said I assumed he thought there should have been more added time but when I watched the interview I came to a different conclusion. He said it was a insult to both teams when a team is trying to win a match, this to me implied that he was saying it was a clean match with minimal delays & it was a disservice to Spurs for so much time was added on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't see the relevance of that I'm afraid. Just look at their attendances. They're not a plastic club. In fact, they're probably the most authentic, traditional club in the country, with the possible exception of Liverpool. Does anyone seriously believe the 76,000 who turn up at OT week after week are anything other than real supporters?

My mistake, I thought you meant plastics in general....

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I don't see the relevance of that I'm afraid. Just look at their attendances. They're not a plastic club. In fact, they're probably the most authentic, traditional club in the country, with the possible exception of Liverpool. Does anyone seriously believe the 76,000 who turn up at OT week after week are anything other than real supporters?

I wouldn't describe Man Utd as a plastic club but they've certainly got their fair share of plastic fans. You probably couldn't get much better fans than the real hardcore Man Utd fans apart from the long suffering City fans who have stuck with their club through real shit times. They fully deserve that title last season & I was over the moon for them when that Aguero goal went in.

As for your question asking whether 76,000 fans are real supporters I'd say absolutely not. Old Trafford houses plenty of tourists, as does the Emirates and now as does the Amex. It's the way it goes.

I don't dislike Man Utd as a club. I dislike the pretend fans who clutch to the coat tails of the great things they have achieved e.g glory hunters or in other words 'plastic fans'. Of there are many the width & breadth of the country.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Also, it's worth pointing out the percentage of newbies/JCLs/bandwagon jumpers in an Amex crowd will be WAY higher than it is in any crowd at the Theatre of Dreams. And that's a fact.

By the way your avatar wouldn't be a clue to your heritage would it? You wouldn't happen to happen to have a 2nd team that plays in red & won the premier league on several occasions?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Given that I was there on Saturday I would disagree with you

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why? I've been to several United games and found their fans to be real hardcore football fans. They make Albion supporters look like a bunch of big girls.

Some of their fans are hardcore, just like at every club. Many of my mates are Reds, and many are Blues. United as a club are obscene though, as evidenced by the way they charge STH for home cup matches regardless of whether they attend, and their doublespeak when it comes to their finances.

Taggart is fine, he phoned my house last year on Christmas Day!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And you can't leave that story there. What on earth was Sir Alex phoning your house for? And more importantly, did you speak to the great man?

It's a bit complicated. My girlfriend's husband works at United, and we were having Christmas dinner together. SAF called because United were playing on Boxing Day and he had a couple of pre match issues to discuss.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some of their fans are hardcore, just like at every club. Many of my mates are Reds, and many are Blues. United as a club are obscene though, as evidenced by the way they charge STH for home cup matches regardless of whether they attend, and their doublespeak when it comes to their finances.

Taggart is fine, he phoned my house last year on Christmas Day!

Was he phoning to check for the availability of your toilet just in case of getting his famous Squeaky Bum problem again ?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Man United's away support is incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here