Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson whingeing

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
The whole Ferguson thing is a little bit laughable because whilst United fans across the land suggest that people exaggerate a bit when slagging him off for being a sore loser, (and sometimes people do) he does just keep on giving.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I went to OT yesterday. United lost because they were shite for 45 minutes, apart from Scholes.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
I dont think it was really necessary for Ferguson to mouth off to the Liverpool lad who got sent off last week. Sportsmanship? There isn't an ounce of it in his whole body

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Doesn't the 4th official already do the additional time bit? Or is it the ref that tells the man on the side to hold a board up with the amount of 'extra' time to be played?

As for Fergie, he's a bit of a joke now, should have retired 2 or 3 years ago IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't the 4th official already do the additional time bit? Or is it the ref that tells the man on the side to hold a board up with the amount of 'extra' time to be played?

No, the ref tells him how much to signal.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

As for Fergie, he's a bit of a joke now, should have retired 2 or 3 years ago IMO.

He won the league 16 months ago and only lost it last season on goal difference in the 95th minute of the final match last season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair to Taggart it was Shelvey who was mouthing off.

The incident where experts, and players from other clubs, were UNITED that, if anything Evans should have gone.
Including a brilliantly subtle tweet from Stuart Holden who'd been on the end of the same Evans cowards foul last season.

Justice done when Bale & Co made them look like donkeys yesterday.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I think it's safe to say if there was anymore than 4 minutes added yesterday I wouldn't be here now. Wow.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Man Utd lost the game not because they weren't given an extra 60 seconds, but because they let in 3 goals at home.

They had 37 minutes of normal time and then another four of added time in which to equalise - wasn't that enough?

Dec 29, 2011
That video of City winning the league makes me feel sick every time I see it. All those plastic fans going crazy and hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players pretending to care. If ever there is a scene that sums up the worst of English football, it is that one.

Plastic fans? I'd say United have millions more plastic fans than City. And who cares how much they cost, they're professional athletes do you think they're not competitive and don't care about winning?

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Quite funny how everyone's talking about Fergie's comments more than the actual piss poor performance of United.

He's taken all the attention off his team and there poor display and got everyone talking about him rather than the team.

Superb management and great mind game skills.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that you can hardly call City fans plastic after the years of disappointment they've had to endure. Spurs deserved that victory, God knows they've had some shocking decisions go against them at Old Trafford over the years. Ferguson is an ungracious twat.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What you won't hear Ferguson saying is that United have had terrible problems at centre back for about 18 months to two years (partly due to injury), but he's had four windows to sort it, and hasn't. Whose fault is that?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That video of City winning the league makes me feel sick every time I see it. All those plastic fans going crazy and hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players pretending to care. If ever there is a scene that sums up the worst of English football, it is that one.

What utter utter nonsense. I'm no City fan but have always admired their support and was disappointed when they became one of those foreign owned moneyed clubs, but, that was a stadium of fans who have been with their club all through the bad times as well going absolutely mental. That pitch invasion at the end was straight out of the old school of celebrations and you could see how much it meant to them.

They're going to get and are getting plenty of plastics and will become all the duller for it, but that end of season was a pretty special moment.

Man U have been chasing the pound for a couple of decades now. They're the ones who sum up what's wrong with english football. I don't remember Man City 'Superstores' all over the country 20 years ago.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Man Utd lost the game not because they weren't given an extra 60 seconds, but because they let in 3 goals at home.

this. he should focus on rebuilding his defence, which has been living on a prayer for a couple of seasons now. Vidic as good as he is seems to be out for months with injury and Ferninand seems unable to sting more than a few games before injury. the others are good on paper but never seem to get a decent run, step up or get injured too. how often in the past two-three years have they had Carrick as an emergency CB?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here