Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ferguson whingeing

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Really? When I look at United I see a club that pulls in 76,000 fans for EVERY home match it plays, has more STHs in its home city than any other club in this country and could probably hit crowds of 100,000 if it had a larger stadium. City? They're a club that has struggled to sell out their stadium even in very recent years, often have large areas of empty seats for relatively big/attractive games and then got a load of bandwagon jumpers when it looked like they would win the league. Joke club. It doesn't matter how much money they throw at it, they will NEVER replicate the class and history that is boasted on the other side of town.

Superstores.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
As an aside, is it my imagination or at the Amex do we almost always have two minutes added time at the end of the first half and four minutes at the end of the second? Saturday's five minutes was a rarity. Just seems like they put a token amount of time on unless something significant happens.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As an aside, is it my imagination or at the Amex do we almost always have two minutes added time at the end of the first half and four minutes at the end of the second? Saturday's five minutes was a rarity. Just seems like they put a token amount of time on unless something significant happens.

Not happened this season:
Cardiff 2,3
Barnsley 3,2
Sheff Wed 1,3
Birmingham 2,5

Don't have a breakdown for last season by half but totals:

Doncaster 11mins
Blackpool 7mins
Peterborough 4mins
Leeds United 6mins
Crystal Palace 6mins
Hull City 5mins
West Ham Utd 10mins
Barnsley 7mins
Coventry City 6mins
Nottingham Forest 4mins
Burnley 7mins
Southampton 6mins
Bristol City 8mins
Leicester City 7mins
Millwall 5mins
Ipswich 5mins
Cardiff City 6mins
Portsmouth 6mins
Derby County 6mins
Middlesbrough 6mins
Reading 6mins
Watford 8mins
Birmingham City 7mins

So, 9 out of 23 last season had 6 mins added time. How many of those 9 were 2 and 4, I don't know, but I doubt it was all of them.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I see he's complaining about only getting only 4mins of injury time to try and get a goal back against Spurs. Over the years they've too often had too much injury time when they are losing or drawing. I bet we'd see no complaints if it had been the other way round.

Isn't this just another example of him bullying referees so that next time they get extra injury time when they are losing by one goal and can make the opposition more nervous in the last few minutes

Over the years? Last season only Bolton had less injury time added to their games than United. Hardly a case for them always getting this mystical 'Fergie time'.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
True, but Spurs' away support for a 5.30 away match on Saturday was impressive too.

So I heard. Having been to Old Trafford for the last 6 seasons (sods law we win the one I don't go) I have always been a bit unimpressed with our support up there. Always sell out, just vocally. But some of the results/decsions we've had against us up there in recent years I can half understand that. I'm going to be keeping away next season :D.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here