Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I almost think we might have made a mistake and should have kept Facu, but rather sent Enciso out on loan. He is the one who really needs a run of games to get his form back, and I am not sure he'll be getting it with us at the moment.
Only with hindsight. Enciso was borderline unplayable at the start of last season before his injury and streets ahead of Facu. At the start of this season he (FB) was unlikely to be getting much game time at all given the competition.

We simply can’t lose here. Facu either comes back and smashes it for us next season or we get a daft bid and sell him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I notice that some 21 year old came on as a sub for Bologna against Villa in the Champions League game last night, and he is on loan at Bologna from...Aston Villa.

Please please someone tell me that playing against your parent club is NOT permissible in the Premier League!
PL - no, against PL rules
FA Cup - technically yes but loan agreement would usually exclude it

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Only with hindsight. Enciso was borderline unplayable at the start of last season before his injury and streets ahead of Facu. At the start of this season he (FB) was unlikely to be getting much game time at all given the competition.

We simply can’t lose here. Facu either comes back and smashes it for us next season or we get a daft bid and sell him.
Yes, I agree hindsight is a fans forum's best friend. We made the right choice available at the time, and who knows what will happen next year. Stupid rumours already that City and Liverpool are sniffing round.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Stupid rumours already that City and Liverpool are sniffing round.
They do appear to be stupid rumours. They seem to track back to a story on a Spanish website: https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/manchester-city-liverpool-pelean-crack-argentino-20241019.html

Now I'm not saying that Fichajes.net isn't a totally reliable source that always checks out rumours before publishing, but in the last week alone, as well as the Buonanotte story, (that takes the player valuation straight from Transfermarkt's notoriously innaccurate figures), they have, as well as their Spanish stories, also reported:

Man Utd wanting to loan Anthony to Ajax, Newcastle or Palace;
Napoli wanting to beat Man Utd to sign Ben Chillwell;
Two stories about Xavi replacing Ten Haag;
Man Utd wanting Alphonso Davies;
Man City wanting Rayan Ait-Nouri;
AC Milan chasing Sandro Tonali;
Ben Chillwell also going back to Leciester (separate story);
Kenan Yildiz going to Aston Villa;
Liverpool signing Dan Ndoye to replace Salah and paying €80m for Inter's 27 year old Nicolo Barella;
Alexander Arnold off to Real Madrid, Liverpool replacing him with Fiorentina's Michael Kayode;
Arsenal chasing Bournemouth's Milos Kerkez;
Man Utd also selling Anthony for €46m;
and my favourite, Brighton paying €30m to Everton for Dwight McNeil: https://www.fichajes.net/en/news/the-30-million-euro-signing-that-brighton-is-planning-20241021.html

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
They do appear to be stupid rumours. They seem to track back to a story on a Spanish website: https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/manchester-city-liverpool-pelean-crack-argentino-20241019.html

Now I'm not saying that Fichajes.net isn't a totally reliable source that always checks out rumours before publishing, but in the last week alone, as well as the Buonanotte story, (that takes the player valuation straight from Transfermarkt's notoriously innaccurate figures), they have, as well as their Spanish stories, also reported:

Man Utd wanting to loan Anthony to Ajax, Newcastle or Palace;
Napoli wanting to beat Man Utd to sign Ben Chillwell;
Two stories about Xavi replacing Ten Haag;
Man Utd wanting Alphonso Davies;
Man City wanting Rayan Ait-Nouri;
AC Milan chasing Sandro Tonali;
Ben Chillwell also going back to Leciester (separate story);
Kenan Yildiz going to Aston Villa;
Liverpool signing Dan Ndoye to replace Salah and paying €80m for Inter's 27 year old Nicolo Barella;
Alexander Arnold off to Real Madrid, Liverpool replacing him with Fiorentina's Michael Kayode;
Arsenal chasing Bournemouth's Milos Kerkez;
Man Utd also selling Anthony for €46m;
and my favourite, Brighton paying €30m to Everton for Dwight McNeil: https://www.fichajes.net/en/news/the-30-million-euro-signing-that-brighton-is-planning-20241021.html
😁😁
Yes, saw that last one as well. Because we haven't got enough players at the club, or on loan who can play on the wing!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do you reckon he’d of stayed down South after the game against Saints …only he or his double walked past me in Medina Villas Hove Monday afternoon 🤔
Its really not remotely unlikely tbh. Catching up with mates here / sorting his flat out / whatever. Players generally have Mondays off anyway.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Very much doubt there is any recall clause. Not happening
Oh I doubt it would happen, or that the club would want it to happen. It is just the thirsting for him after he has a few good games that gets me. I'm not surprised he has done well. He was already a top 6 to 10 level player when he went there and is now shining in a bottom 6 level team. The thing is we have a bunch of (currently) top 5 level players he would compete against here for game time.

Also in a parallel universe where we did want him back in January I imagine we would negotiate a compensation deal to make it happen. Or, since our club is run by genius angels, we probably already have any compensation in a clause of the contract...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was told that in Europe, certainly in Spain, they don’t call them loans but temporary transfers. The difference being that it being a transfer there are no restrictions on who they play against. I think.
Loans have always also been referred to as temporary transfers in the UK. That is what they are called in the official FA monthly registrations bulletin (September 2018 shown here as an example):-

Loan.jpg

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Loans have always also been referred to as temporary transfers in the UK. That is what they are called in the official FA monthly registrations bulletin (September 2018 shown here as an example):-

View attachment 190772
I remember a player being on loan to Monaco from Real Madrid. His name escapes me but he was a striker who played against Real and scored to knock them out! How we laughed.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
There almost certainly will be a recall option but it’s almost certain we won’t use it as we are well stocked for attacking CMs and still have O’Riley to fit in. Facu will play almost every game for Leicester all season and we’ll have a much better player next season for it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

I would imagine a vast majority of our loan deals include a recall clause just to protect us if the player isn’t getting game time or we have a major injury crisis.

I can’t see us exercising one for Facundo though as he’s doing exactly what we want at Leicester. Would take a massive loss of form from him to not be a almost permanent fixture in their starting XI now so he’s miles better off staying there for the full season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He’s getting great experience playing against our rivals. we’re unlikely to be competing against Leicester for places in the final table. His value is increasing all the time. We have lots,of options in that position. Facu is probably very happy At the moment. Seems like an ideal loan to me

Almost as if we have a plan and it's being executed perfectly :shrug:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't agree with this desire to end his loan early at all. It isn't like we are suddenly short of attacking players. I think it is brilliant that he is doing so well, just as long as he doesn't end the season above us in the table!
Absolutely this. We loan out a young talent to play at the top level hoping he does well. He does well. Shit! He’s doing well, better recall him! Makes no sense.

It’s win-win. He comes back a better player, with three years left on his contract, we either get to enjoy his talents or make a packet.

The model is working to perfection.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would hope we have a recall and that we assess the situation in January, a lot can happen in the next 2-3 months. I for one thought it would be better to keep him, him doing well though is good even if it curbs the doubters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here