Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
True. Can't help but feel a touch of sadness that maybe we won't see him play for us again. Really hope not.
Of course we’ll see him again. He’ll be part of our CL squad next season :whistle:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The obvious example would be Ben White, who we loaned to Leeds, in the season they got promoted. Ben White got regular football, and substantially increased his market price. While Leeds weren't a PL side in the loan season, they became a PL team at the end of it. TB/PB decided they didn't want to sell Ben White to Leeds, who they considered a rival. So they didn't. The loan contract didn't have a loan-to-buy clause in it, so that was that. Ben White's departure weakened Leeds, who decided to spend £13m on the German Koch instead. Leeds subsequently struggled with managers, keeping players, and staying in the PL. We subsequently sold Ben White to Arsenal for £50 million.
The point being that we didn't sell him - or anyone else - to a rival. I don't see us doing it in future either - though who knows?

P.S. I did enjoy all the Free Ben White stuff though!

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The point being that we didn't sell him - or anyone else - to a rival. I don't see us doing it in future either - though who knows?

P.S. I did enjoy all the Free Ben White stuff though!
Indeed. I also enjoyed the free Ben White stuff, especially when it became clear to Leeds fans that he was, actually, really going to leave them and return to the club he was registered with. That was good fun.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Why are you 'sad'? He's still our player. We did the same with Mitoma, Caicedo, Adringa, etc. The difference here is that it's to another club in our division so its more in your face. He could be 'tearing up' Belguim div 1 and no one would bat an eyelid.
1878611309_906621bc0e_b.jpg

Only clown sad not Suicidal Sid sad mate!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Errmmm, yes but .................. how many have we loaned to PL rivals? Who? When?

Mat Ryan is the only example I can think of.

I’m not sure why anyone is seeing this as a negative. Leicester and us currently aren’t competing in the same place in the league.

One of our young talents is shining bright something he wouldn’t have had opportunity to do this season. Adding to his value and boosting any chance he has of becoming a key player for us.

Also if he is one of Leicesters star players and they heavily rely on him he can’t play against us so Leicester should be weaker when we play against them.

Multiple players in our current squad have been on loans which have benefitted them. JPVH loan to Blackburn which seems to be over looked all the time being prime example of a player who can go out on loan win player of the season then start meaningfully contributing to the first team.

I don't know (x3). I was just taking a punt at the general point being made, such might be wide of the mark anyway.

Arsenal were our rivals? I never knew we had aspirations so high above ourselves! Anyway, he only went there to cover, and we'd just replaced him with a far better GK, so no sacrifice. Helping a rival? No, we weren't - and TBH I was quite pleased for Maty that he did get to play a couple of matches fir his dream team!

100% agree with all that.
We loaned Shane Duffy to fellow PL club, Fulham.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of my long-term friends has been a Leicester City club doctor for many years. Although now 70 he still works part-time and covers some of the training sessions (as well as occasional men's and women's matches). He mentioned 2 recent post-training discussions amongst the coaching/recruitment team:-
1. How on earth could Buanonotte not be good enough for Brighton's squad?
2. It's insane that Brighton can put out an U21 team good enough to beat Palace 10-0. The young player recruitment is astonishing.
Worth noting that the OLDEST member of our midfield three, who just won at Newcastle, turned 21 earlier this month 🙂

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We loaned Shane Duffy to fellow PL club, Fulham.
True, I'd forgotten that - not quite a development loan though, was it? More an attempt to see if he could do for Fulham what he did for Celtic! At the least, a get-him-off-the-books type loan. Wonder why they made the loan permanent - must have been an obligation to buy in the deal?

Last edited:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
This loan is working out very nicely indeed.

Next season's squad is going to be even stronger.
Not according to the good folk on Foxes Talk. Apparently he will never play for Brighton again. He will either sign permanently for Leicester (because he loves them so much) or he will sign for Real Madrid or Man City.

It's all getting a bit Ben White on Foxes Talk :lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not according to the good folk on Foxes Talk. Apparently he will never play for Brighton again. He will either sign permanently for Leicester (because he loves them so much) or he will sign for Real Madrid or Man City.

The better he does the more it will creep in due to the frustration factor 😆

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

To be fair to them, most of the fans on there are realistic saying we'd be mad to send him back or let him go yet.

They're not as deluded as the Leeds lot, despite having achieved far more than them in recent years.

They're quite certain hes better than Rutter though.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair to them, most of the fans on there are realistic saying we'd be mad to send him back or let him go yet.

They're not as deluded as the Leeds lot, despite having achieved far more than them in recent years.

They're quite certain hes better than Rutter though.
They've probably seen more of Rutter than we have yet, TBF.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I feel a bit awkward about making fun of fans that fall in love with our outgoing loanees after the whole Levi Colwill thing.

But yes, there are definitely shades of Ben White/Leeds coming from some people on the Leicester forum right now. Most seem pretty circumspect though, I was surprised to come away from their forum thinking "they seem like a decent bunch" (doesn't often happen when I read other team's forums).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here