Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Citeh and Liverpool sniffing around according to BBC football romours.
Probably bollocks
That original sauce was posted earlier in the thread and absolutely hilarious. Some no-mark website, it said “Brighton value Buonanotte at €18m but will accept €30m”.

Apart from the prices being completely wrong, it doesn’t make a lick of sense. If we won’t accept below €30m, then that’s what we value him at :facepalm: This isn’t Football Manager where every player has a set value like a car.

Subsequently a few English football sites have copied it, and hey presto, a link to the rehash of a bullshit story appears on the BBC rumours page.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've just had a warm glow moment.
With the wins against Spurs and Newcastle, and the form of Rutter, Mitoma, Welbeck and Baleba, I'd completely forgotten that we have João Pedro still to return.
This is getting silly now (plus we also have O'Riley and Gruda to come).

I'm not sure where the Midland Messi fits in.
Two players in every position. Quality in depth.

In his post-match presser, Fab alluded to our growing injury list, but also the size of the squad means we can cope with it.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Someone mentioned that Leicester fans cannot believe we loaned out a player of Buonanotte's quality.

Then, consider we have another wonderkid Enciso, who can no longer command a place in the starting 11.

And then we spend 40 million on the versatile Rutter, admittedly when Enciso was injured, but who is rapidly proving himself to be a further upgrade.

You could be forgiven for thinking we're a team on the ascendancy.

Yes, the point I was making above (but laughed at for saying so 🫤)

Anyone who thinks the Club and players will be at the same level by the end of the season (with a new manager still at the moment bedding in and some great summer signings) have a pretty pessimistic outlook imo

Rutter for example is already ahead of Facu in the pecking order imo and the role of the traditional 10 is changed under Hürzeler - he has a whole bunch of ‘10s‘ - that’s why it looks like our MF is empty sometimes - he often overloads the CAM with central midfielders who can also stretch the play wide - Hürzeler does not rely or even use a 10 in the way GP or RDZ did, which is why Facu could maybe struggle to get regular starts after his loan - I hope not but it is possible.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yes, the point I was making above (but laughed at for saying so 🫤)

Anyone who thinks the Club and players will be at the same level by the end of the season (with a new manager still at the moment bedding in and some great summer signings) have a pretty pessimistic outlook imo

Rutter for example is already ahead of Facu in the pecking order imo and the role of the traditional 10 is changed under Hürzeler - he has a whole bunch of ‘10s‘ - that’s why it looks like our MF is empty sometimes - he often overloads the CAM with central midfielders who can also stretch the play wide - Hürzeler does not rely or even use a 10 in the way GP or RDZ did, which is why Facu could maybe struggle to get regular starts after his loan - I hope not but it is possible.
Good post, and good points about the midfield.

It has been my view that we have been a work in progress since well before we were promoted. It hasn't been a straight line improvement of course, but the general trend is north. But the further north we go, the more our progress faces considerable headwinds. Nevertheless, we have already beaten Man Utd, Spurs and Newcastle, so the portents are good.

On to the midfield, and I'll be honest. When I saw the line-up, I thought 'where's the width?'. I've not seen a heatmap, but I feel we didn't miss the wingers unduly. Rutter can play wide anyway. It's his versatility which helps him, and his decision making. He is forming a fruitful partnership with Welbeck, but at this level, ball retention is paramount. Like @Weststander alluded above, I feel that Enciso always wants to score worldies, and both he and Buonanotte are weaker at keeping the ball.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Should loan enciso to them in January too
Disagree. We should loan Enciso to Ipswich and find some other players to loan to Wolves and Southampton. Every little helps.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I am :shrug:

I wasn't rude to Zeb in the first place and wasn't laughing at him either. He appears to have misread a post and taken offence, and I'm pointing out that he doesn't need to be offended, no one was doing anything against him.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Ignoring the key passes, assists and goal scoring I think the defensive work he's getting through is a very good thing indeed.
He might not get to play as a 10 but he's going to be a hell of an option for the midfield duo (who are seldom in midfield)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Someone mentioned that Leicester fans cannot believe we loaned out a player of Buonanotte's quality.

Then, consider we have another wonderkid Enciso, who can no longer command a place in the starting 11.

And then we spend 40 million on the versatile Rutter, admittedly when Enciso was injured, but who is rapidly proving himself to be a further upgrade.

You could be forgiven for thinking we're a team on the ascendancy.
One of my long-term friends has been a Leicester City club doctor for many years. Although now 70 he still works part-time and covers some of the training sessions (as well as occasional men's and women's matches). He mentioned 2 recent post-training discussions amongst the coaching/recruitment team:-
1. How on earth could Buanonotte not be good enough for Brighton's squad?
2. It's insane that Brighton can put out an U21 team good enough to beat Palace 10-0. The young player recruitment is astonishing.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
One of my long-term friends has been a Leicester City club doctor for many years. Although now 70 he still works part-time and covers some of the training sessions (as well as occasional men's and women's matches). He mentioned 2 recent post-training discussions amongst the coaching/recruitment team:-
1. How on earth could Buanonotte not be good enough for Brighton's squad?
2. It's insane that Brighton can put out an U21 team good enough to beat Palace 10-0. The young player recruitment is astonishing.
It's because the criteria necessary to be a member of Brighton's squad are being raised. It's not so much that the club is raising the ceiling (we've been told several times there isn't one), but that it is raising the floor. This is why we have lost players like Maupay and more recently, Gilmour. It isn't that these players had become worse. It's because the club had got better.

Fortunately, the club is uniquely well placed to capture and analyse a wealth of performance data across numerous criteria on all our current players, together with a subset of potential new players.

When we were in the championship, I used to look up enviously at the top of the table at Leicester. Now we have Leicester staff asking that first question in your post. This is a measure of how far we have come. And there is no reason to think we've reached our ceiling. There is more to come.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Enjoyed watching him for the Albion and a bit sad to see him tearing it up at Leicester. When a player does really well elsewhere and gets a lorra love from their fans then there's always a risk they'll want to stay.... what a relief that they'll never be able to afford him. If a Real or Barca want him then that'll be that, but that's fair enough.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Enjoyed watching him for the Albion and a bit sad to see him tearing it up at Leicester. When a player does really well elsewhere and gets a lorra love from their fans then there's always a risk they'll want to stay.... what a relief that they'll never be able to afford him. If a Real or Barca want him then that'll be that, but that's fair enough.

Ben White was happy at Leeds, but we wanted him back, so that was that. I guess it also helps that we're doing better than Leicester.

On the other hand, Undav didn't want to come back, but I guess that loan was for different (home country) reasons.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Ben White was happy at Leeds, but we wanted him back, so that was that. I guess it also helps that we're doing better than Leicester.

On the other hand, Undav didn't want to come back, but I guess that loan was for different (home country) reasons.
True. Can't help but feel a touch of sadness that maybe we won't see him play for us again. Really hope not.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Why are you 'sad'? He's still our player. We did the same with Mitoma, Caicedo, Adringa, etc. The difference here is that it's to another club in our division so its more in your face. He could be 'tearing up' Belguim div 1 and no one would bat an eyelid.
He signed a new contract before going on a loan with no option to buy. Nothing to see here. If LFC or MCFC want him then fine, I'm sure they can guess our rough price (it won't be £30m....)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here