Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
The rumours about a permanent move out before his loan was announced, with a very modest sounding fee mind you, were alarming. The rumours were very credible and I think quite possibly if we’d have been offered just enough he could’ve gone.

I’m delighted he didn’t - he’s doubled his value already in my view. Even if his form dips a little now, he has gone and proven he is PL level. Given his age, national team inclusion (and from a high profile, fashionable nation no less - World Cup holders) all add up to a potentially huge sale if he does move on at the end of the season.
Didnt he also sign a new contract before going to Leicester? I think that sends a message that he's ours and not currently being put in the shop window to sell. Unless of course, someone offers big money as per any player sale.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My only concern is our clubs’ comparative standards may develop at different rates this season and Buonanotte will find it tough to get back into the home side.

Facu is doing brilliantly, and your concern is that Brighton become so bloody good that he can't get in our side?

I'll have what you're having.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Didnt he also sign a new contract before going to Leicester? I think that sends a message that he's ours and not currently being put in the shop window to sell. Unless of course, someone offers big money as per any player sale.
Yes and one needs to keep a bit of perspective and rather ignore all the media. He's had a few really good games but he has not always started. Of course if he keeps this up it will be brilliant but there could be an injury around the corner or a little loss of form.

Look at Ferguson. Just over a year ago he was scoring a hattrick against Newcastle, now the wonder is when he will even score again and his star has well and truly waned.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The rumours about a permanent move out before his loan was announced, with a very modest sounding fee mind you, were alarming. The rumours were very credible and I think quite possibly if we’d have been offered just enough he could’ve gone.

I’m delighted he didn’t - he’s doubled his value already in my view. Even if his form dips a little now, he has gone and proven he is PL level. Given his age, national team inclusion (and from a high profile, fashionable nation no less - World Cup holders) all add up to a potentially huge sale if he does move on at the end of the season.
From what source did these ‘very credible’ rumours emerge ?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Facu is doing brilliantly, and your concern is that Brighton become so bloody good that he can't get in our side?

I'll have what you're having.
He is. I said he was - several times on this thread. But Leicester are not Brighton. It is their first Premier League season after a 7 (?) year break and they are currently 14th. EDIT - only one season away - see below!

A lot of what we see of player performance is very much relative to the team they are playing in, the particular manager and the system a team are playing.

FH uses his midfield players to overload the CAM from deep runs rather than a single 10 - Milner, Pedro, Rutter and Yasin Ayari have all played those roles.

Meanwhile, we are on a sharp learning curve ( judging by comparing our match yesterday to Spurs a few weeks ago) under a new Manager with some very exciting but yet unproven talent. I think ( hope) our trajectory is on the rise.

I’m not saying he will definitely struggle to get a starting place next season with us just that he might and that’s a concern ( he won’t stay unless he is a regular starter nor should he) - Tbh it probably depends on how our summer signings develop but at the moment he’d be down in the pecking order.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It certainly looks as if João Pedro's replacement is coming along nicely on the back burner. Just need to get João Pedro back playing regularly if he is going to break the Club's transfer record next summer :angel:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Someone mentioned that Leicester fans cannot believe we loaned out a player of Buonanotte's quality.

Then, consider we have another wonderkid Enciso, who can no longer command a place in the starting 11.

And then we spend 40 million on the versatile Rutter, admittedly when Enciso was injured, but who is rapidly proving himself to be a further upgrade.

You could be forgiven for thinking we're a team on the ascendancy.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It certainly looks as if João Pedro's replacement is coming along nicely on the back burner. Just need to get João Pedro back playing regularly if he is going to break the Club's transfer record next summer :angel:
I've just had a warm glow moment.
With the wins against Spurs and Newcastle, and the form of Rutter, Mitoma, Welbeck and Baleba, I'd completely forgotten that we have João Pedro still to return.
This is getting silly now (plus we also have O'Riley and Gruda to come).

I'm not sure where the Midland Messi fits in.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
On their forum, they are saying they should offer us £50m for him.

In reality, if he keeps this up, the club will be asking for even more...
TB never asks for an amount he invites an offer and then says no until the potentially buying club reach a figure he likes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here