Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we don't sell our star players for top whack when they're ready for their big move to a top club, then our fringe players and returning loanees - our hopes for the future - are going to be right royally pissed off, and we'll finish up having to sell them instead because they'll want out. And the fees we get for the average returning loanee will be comparatively peanuts compared to what we might get for Mitoma, JPVH, for example.

So yes, I'm sure one or two big names may well depart next summer.
Keep going....you have almost invented fire. Nearly there!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Oh ok, fair enough if that's what he said.

But... I think we were told there were a couple of other players that we were also looking at, that didn't happen?
As I see it, the club has made sure it shouldn't need to sign any more attacking players in the near future. Even if a few of the young signings fail, there's still a bunch of promising attacking players. Next summer when we could see Joao Pedro and perhaps Mitoma move, I expect them to be replaced from players we already have.

Similar could be said about midfield, and goalies for that matter.

But I could easily see us spend close to £100m next summer to bring in a couple of (especially central) defenders as Van Hecke, Igor, Veltman and Lamptey are all quite likely to leave. There's no one in the U21 ready to step up right now and given the age of the CB talent down there, its most likely a few years away. Van Hecke, who surely must be big-club bound by the summer, needs to be replaced with the kind of quality that often will cost a bit of money.

I'm sure we'll see less business done next year than the last two years but its not like we're going to sign (or sell) zero players.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Whether we are playing in Europe or not next season will a massive factor in our transfer dealings.
If we are in Europe I could see the club wanting to retain JPvH and Bart.

I think Enciso and Buonanotte are more likely to be sold if the price is right. But to get the maximum price for Enciso they will need to put him in the shop window either with the Albion or on loan.

It's an amazingly strong situation to be in.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
NGL, I winced a bit when I realised that (despite all our purchases this summer) the only Brighton player on this list is Buonanotte. Pleased for him though.

Yeah, but not so good we also get a mention under Max Lacroix as conceding the same number of goals as winless Palace.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If they really want to buy him it should be like 20m, 30m....and thereafter for every season defining goal he scores.....just if they even wanna keep him after Christmas...... be like....

1729355207626.png

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Keep an eye on his thread on the Leicester forum. They consider him their best player by some margin.

This is probably a masterclass loan spell initiated by the club, unless it turns out he's so good this season that it's something we're missing.

Worst case scenario - It's trebling his value and then some. Best case scenario, we have a top, top player coming back next season.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Turning out to be the perfect loan spell for the lad. Getting a tonne of minutes, PL experience under no huge pressure and winning plenty of plaudits. I'm so pleased for him, as there is definitely an amazing player there. Be like having a new ready made signing next season.
Yes he’s doing well at Leicester - pretty sure he’s made all the difference to them so far this campaign. ( At least he can’t play against us!). One of his core skills has always been that he finds space to get at the end of a ball in dangerous areas.

My only concern is our clubs’ comparative standards may develop at different rates this season and Buonanotte will find it tough to get back into the home side. In which case, he could end up seeking a transfer out at the end of his loan and we could lose out financially by not keeping him but selling him before he has started fulfilling his full potential.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Yes he’s doing well at Leicester - pretty sure he’s made all the difference to them so far this campaign. ( At least he can’t play against us!). One of his core skills has always been that he finds space to get at the end of a ball in dangerous areas.

My only concern is our clubs’ comparative standards may develop at different rates this season and Buonanotte will find it tough to get back into the home side. In which case, he could end up seeking a transfer out at the end of his loan and we could lose out financially by not keeping him but selling him before he has started fulfilling his full potential.
A problem to worry about in the close season. For now I'm enjoying watching a young lad loving his footy, playing and scoring. It's a win win for him and us no matter what.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are we at the “printing mugs and t-shirts” stage yet?

#FreeFacundo

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
The kid is looking absolute mustard and turning out MOTM premier league performances at a silly young age. We are either getting a top top proper prem ready player coming back next season or a stack load of money. I hope it’s the former.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here