Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But this is what we’ve been doing throughout the Premier League era. If we really wanted to progress, there’s no way Gross or Gilmour goes in the summer.

We wanted Gross to stay, but he's been so good for us for so many years it wouldn't have been right. Gilmour went because we didn't think he was good enough. Yes we'd have liked to keep as backup, particularly with Matt's injury, but he was not a first choice player, hence the sale.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We wanted Gross to stay, but he's been so good for us for so many years it wouldn't have been right. Gilmour went because we didn't think he was good enough. Yes we'd have liked to keep as backup, particularly with Matt's injury, but he was not a first choice player, hence the sale.
Gilmour wanted out as he was not happy to go back to being a second choice imo and the club who wanted him are much bigger than us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gilmour wanted out as he was not happy to go back to being a second choice imo

That's what I said - he wasn't a first choice player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gilmour wanted out as he was not happy to go back to being a second choice imo and the club who wanted him are much bigger than us.
Not worked out so far 😬

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I really hope he fulfills his potential, gets the number 10 shirt for us at some point, and gives us a few years. His balance and ball control are sublime.

If he gets the minutes he needs to become consistent at Leicester, it could be like bringing in a £30m attacking option next season to replace an outgoing big sale.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Or Napoli moved for him early in the last window, BG saw it as a step up/a once in a lifetime opportunity, and was determined that the move came off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or Napoli moved for him early in the last window, BG saw it as a step up/a once in a lifetime opportunity, and was determined that the move came off.

Surely if he was a first choice player, we'd have demanded more for him?

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
The reason he's not expecting us to be signing more players is because he's not expecting us to sell them either. If we start selling our best players, we'll need to replace them, and will obviously have the funds to do it.

If Georginio has an absolute flyer (I'm not expecting that) then perhaps that would mean we finish quite high, and if we made Europe there's no way Bloom would want our star performers to leave before the adventure.
He clearly said that even if there are some outgoings we are unlikely to replace them as we have bought future replacements in the last window. We still have Gomez to come!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely if he was a first choice player, we'd have demanded more for him?

I’m only reiterating what many realise actually happened. Rather than the false story which most perpetrators have thankfully ditched, that FH/the club didn’t see BG as part of their plans thus triggering his departure.

I’ve haven’t a clue on how TB set that fee. Perhaps on the low side because BG very, very rarely provided an assist or goal at PL level? He was certainly not in the DM class of Caicedo or allrounder class of MacA. At this stage.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The reason he's not expecting us to be signing more players is because he's not expecting us to sell them either. If we start selling our best players, we'll need to replace them, and will obviously have the funds to do it.

If Georginio has an absolute flyer (I'm not expecting that) then perhaps that would mean we finish quite high, and if we made Europe there's no way Bloom would want our star performers to leave before the adventure.
I just don’t buy that.

I suspect we’ll sell two ‘big ones’ next summer. It’s our model.

Players have been loaned out in order to get to the required level. We’ve all seen that in one season, you can be struggling to get Championship minutes with Blackburn and the next, playing a valuable role in a 1-1 draw in the Premier League against title chasing Arsenal.

If you look at the size of the talent pool we’ve amassed to our loan army, it’s mesmerising.

—————-——-—O’Mahony————————
Sima—Osman—Buonanotte——Cozier-Duberry
——Sarmiento——Moran——Gomez————
Barco——————BBB—————-Yalcouyé
———————Rushworth————————

Our first team is stuffed full of young potential also:

————————Ferguson————————
——————Gruda——-Rutter——————-
Adingra——Ayari—-Hinshelwood——Minteh

If you think TB is not planning on promoting any of these players and instead, going out and getting more in the next 2 or 3 years, our strategy has flown over your head completely.

Look, I don’t think we’ll be making more than 3 big sales of players we’d ideally keep in a season but clubs will pay over the odds and we’ll cash in.

Our last transfer window (highest net spend on the planet) could have been funded by Chelsea alone through the sales of Potter & friends, Cucarella, Caicedo and Sanchez.

When our rivals can’t compete with us again in 3 or 4 years time due to PSR, we need to be in a position to splash our stash. We’ll need to build a new warchest to fund it. The 19 players listed above will all need to compete to take the place of the likes of Baleba or Pedro when the £80m+ offers start streaming in. We ain’t spending big for quite some time.*

* I realise our lack of defensive options for the future is not what it could be so I guess there is a possibility we spend a bit in January on a few.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He clearly said that even if there are some outgoings we are unlikely to replace them as we have bought future replacements in the last window.

Oh ok, fair enough if that's what he said.

But... I think we were told there were a couple of other players that we were also looking at, that didn't happen?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I just don’t buy that.

I suspect we’ll sell two ‘big ones’ next summer. It’s our model.

Players have been loaned out in order to get to the required level. We’ve all seen that in one season, you can be struggling to get Championship minutes with Blackburn and the next, playing a valuable role in a 1-1 draw in the Premier League against title chasing Arsenal.

If you look at the size of the talent pool we’ve amassed to our loan army, it’s mesmerising.

—————-——-—O’Mahony————————
Sima—Osman—Buonanotte——Cozier-Duberry
——Sarmiento——Moran——Gomez————
Barco——————BBB—————-Yalcouyé
———————Rushworth————————

Our first team is stuffed full of young potential also:

————————Ferguson————————
——————Gruda——-Rutter——————-
Adingra——Ayari—-Hinshelwood——Minteh

If you think TB is not planning on promoting any of these players and instead, going out and getting more in the next 2 or 3 years, our strategy has flown over your head completely.

Look, I don’t think we’ll be making more than 3 big sales of players we’d ideally keep in a season but clubs will pay over the odds and we’ll cash in.

Our last transfer window (highest net spend on the planet) could have been funded by Chelsea alone through the sales of Potter & friends, Cucarella, Caicedo and Sanchez.

When our rivals can’t compete with us again in 3 or 4 years time due to PSR, we need to be in a position to splash our stash. We’ll need to build a new warchest to fund it. The 19 players listed above will all need to compete to take the place of the likes of Baleba or Pedro when the £80m+ offers start streaming in. We ain’t spending big for quite some time.*

* I realise our lack of defensive options for the future is not what it could be so I guess there is a possibility we spend a bit in January on a few.
Yep, exactly. We overstocked the larder a bit as there was a unique opportunity (brilliantly manipulated by PB/TB) to do so with the PSR timing/issues and the cash from Chelsea (mostly) in the bank. We’ll still dip into the market I expect but not at that level again for a while. We had to loan a few out otherwise the squad would have been bloated - wouldn’t want players like Barco and Facu moping about the place like stroppy teenagers because they’re not getting game time (like Enciso apparently 🙄). Better to let them go out and play and develop and come back even better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you think TB is not planning on promoting any of these players and instead, going out and getting more in the next 2 or 3 years

No I'm not saying that the players we've bought won't be promoted, but when they are promoted I'd expect us to replace them (if we've sold some star players). And if we did exceed expectations and qualify for Europe I don't think Bloom would want to sell our best players. That's not to say we won't sell any, because sometime you can't hold a player back.

our strategy has flown over your head completely

Ooo get you

What? A second ago we've done our spending for 3 seasons, and now we could be getting a few in January?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We’ll still dip into the market I expect but not at that level again for a while.

We know we'll not be spending at that level again for a while, I don't think anyone here has suggested otherwise. But if we sell players for big money I wouldn't be surprised if we replace them with what we have, and buy new prospects to replace those promoted.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What? A second ago we've done our spending for 3 seasons, and now we could be getting a few in January?
We are still in a season of transfer opportunity. Clubs who couldn’t spunk in the summer won’t be able to spunk in January because it’s the same PSR period.

Looking at our defence, their ages and injuries and the lack of potential on loan, it’ll be no surprise if we see the likes of Boscagli or perhaps a couple of others join. With Moder and Lamptey out of contract in June, we might take some pretty low fees for them to free up the squad places.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised if we replace them with what we have, and buy new prospects to replace those promoted.
There are already replacements for the ‘replacements’ (see free kick below) but I understand where you coming from as we’re always trying to sign great youngsters with potential. I just don’t think we’ll be spending Osman or Minteh type fees on any more teenagers for a while.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we don't sell our star players for top whack when they're ready for their big move to a top club, then our fringe players and returning loanees - our hopes for the future - are going to be right royally pissed off, and we'll finish up having to sell them instead because they'll want out. And the fees we get for the average returning loanee will be comparatively peanuts compared to what we might get for Mitoma, JPVH, for example.

So yes, I'm sure one or two big names may well depart next summer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If we don't sell our star players for top whack when they're ready for their big move to a top club, then our fringe players and returning loanees - our hopes for the future - are going to be right royally pissed off, and we'll finish up having to sell them instead because they'll want out. And the fees we get for the average returning loanee will be comparatively peanuts compared to what we might get for Mitoma, JPVH, for example.

So yes, I'm sure one or two big names may well depart next summer.
Not one PL club made a huge signing last summer, it’s been discussed that the market may well be taking a different direction with clubs looking for deals rather than shelling out £80-100m on one player.
It’s been rumoured the asking price for Mitoma is massive which has put enquiring clubs off.
Interesting to see how the market shapes up next summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What happens to the players out on loan this season if we don’t sell anyone?

We WILL be selling a few of our star players next summer if the big boys pay Bloom tax imo

Trust the process :lolol:
Well, we will have a squad, we will have some players on loan, we will sell some players, we will buy some players.

This is what football clubs do. The smart ones operate this in their favour.

The minute I start worrying is when the club start saying they were 'forced' to do this or that.

Somehow I don't see Mr Bloom as someone used to being forced to do shit.

If you have an alternative process I'm all ears.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reading numerous chaps trying to work out what the club does, how they do it, what is generally happening, and whether they 'approve' of it is like watching a cat playing with a Rubic cube.

You have no idea what it is, what it does, or how it works, so just sit back and enjoy it. You may sniff it and tap it.

FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here