Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We should never have let him go, I really was not a fan of this loan, he was always going to shine and his head turned
He didn’t exactly shine last season. I’m delighted he is doing so now of course, which is great for both clubs and the player.

But if we’d kept him, we’d have Minteh, March, Adingra, Rutter, Enciso, Pedro and Gruda - and Gomez to come - as competition for the two positions he plays (RW and Number 10). He just wasn’t going to get a look in, and it’s better for everyone that he is playing minutes and developing rather than fighting for a place on our bench.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
True, I'd forgotten that - not quite a development loan though, was it? More an attempt to see if he could do for Fulham what he did for Celtic! At the least, a get-him-off-the-books type loan. Wonder why they made the loan permanent - must have been an obligation to buy in the deal?

They had to buy Shane Duffy in the January 2023 window to enable them to sign Cedric Soares on loan from Arsenal.

Premier League rules mean you can only have 2 players on loan from other PL clubs at any one time. Fulham had Shane Duffy and Daniel James (from Leeds) on loan deals for the 2022-23 season. Over the January window a loan deal for Soares became available to them but to sign him they'd have to either sign one of Duffy or James permanently or cancel one of the loan deals. They ended up signing Shane Duffy.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He didn’t exactly shine last season. I’m delighted he is doing so now of course, which is great for both clubs and the player.

But if we’d kept him, we’d have Minteh, March, Adingra, Rutter, Enciso, Pedro and Gruda - and Gomez to come - as competition for the two positions he plays (RW and Number 10). He just wasn’t going to get a look in, and it’s better for everyone that he is playing minutes and developing rather than fighting for a place on our bench.
I get that, but just feel he is going to be immense in the future and I want it to be here.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I get that, but just feel he is going to be immense in the future and I want it to be here.
I appreciate that, but your point was about letting him go. Based on last season’s performances, which were okay but nothing special, and the signings we’ve made you can see why he’s gone out on loan.

I’d love him to come back into our squad a hugely improved player, that’s why we loaned him and gave him a contract extension

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Facu is a wonderful prospect.

But after we've had a season of having massive skill, plus pace, height and power in behind the main striker, will we find it hard, to go back to just massive skill?

I don't see a situation where we sell Joao Pedro and Georginio. In fact, likely we'll sell neither, so we'll still have the same issue next summer, albeit with Facu a year further down the line with his development.

I can see a sale happening. But not to Leicester and not to Real Madrid. At a level somewhere between the two.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Facu is a wonderful prospect.

But after we've had a season of having massive skill, plus pace, height and power in behind the main striker, will we find it hard, to go back to just massive skill?

I don't see a situation where we sell Joao Pedro and Georginio. In fact, likely we'll sell neither, so we'll still have the same issue next summer, albeit with Facu a year further down the line with his development.

I can see a sale happening. But not to Leicester and not to Real Madrid. At a level somewhere between the two.
In many ways, I do agree with you. The loan makes total sense, especially after signing Rutter (who already looks on another level). That said Rutter is 22, Buonanotte is 19 and on a deal until 2028, so we're in no rush to get him straight into the first team.

If anything injuries put him in the team last season a year or two ahead of schedule. He'll come back as a 20-year old with another year's experience in the PL, having possibly played more games at this level than Enciso, Adingra and Gruda. I suspect we won't sell, but you can never say never

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To be fair to them, most of the fans on there are realistic saying we'd be mad to send him back or let him go yet.

They're not as deluded as the Leeds lot, despite having achieved far more than them in recent years.

They're quite certain hes better than Rutter though.
Agreed, @Biscuit Barrel I read through the last few pages and found that most of them were saying 'enjoy him while he's here', that he'll go back to us for next season, but his ceiling is incredibly high and will end up at a CL club.
Think only one poster was mentioning Rutter too and although the post was far from complementary, it was merely saying that Facundo is better than Georginio -- and it was based on last season in the Championship. I'd wager said poster hasn't seen much or any of Rutter in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here