Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte **On Loan To Leicester 10/08/24**

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very much doubt there is any recall clause. Not happening
Very much doubt there isn't one. Very much doubt we'll be planning on using it, but the idea we wouldn't have put one in just in case (just in case he wasn't getting any game time, or just in case we had a massive injury crisis, for example) seems unbelievable.

Edit: Sorry - I now see I'm just echoing what's been said (quite rightly) already.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very much doubt there isn't one. Very much doubt we'll be planning on using it, but the idea we wouldn't have put one in just in case (just in case he wasn't getting any game time, or just in case we had a massive injury crisis, for example) seems unbelievable.

Edit: Sorry - I now see I'm just echoing what's been said (quite rightly) already.
I don’t know for sure but ‘season-long loans’ often don’t - for example Ipswich recently confirmed there was no recall clause in Philip’s loan deal from City (question was asked when Rodri got injured). Even if there is a clause it would likely be very conditional.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Imagine if he got dragged back here in January and ended up not getting much of a sniff because the other guys are in the form of their lives and the returning injured players slot back in.

He'd be well faked off - and rightly so! He's in the best place for him right now. He's still just a kid FFS!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don’t know for sure but ‘season-long loans’ often don’t - for example Ipswich recently confirmed there was no recall clause in Philip’s loan deal from City (question was asked when Rodri got injured). Even if there is a clause it would likely be very conditional.
Wouldn't the only situation be if someone wanted to buy the player that was on loan? The existing loan agreement couldn't override that, could it?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wasn't talking about Manchester City. I've no idea (or care) what they do. We, on the other hand, cancelled 1/3 of our season long loans last January, which indicates we are well prepared to recall loans if and when we want/need to.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wasn't talking about Manchester City. I've no idea (or care) what they do. We, on the other hand, cancelled 1/3 of our season long loans last January, which indicates we are well prepared to recall loans if and when we want/need to.
Even that doesn't mean there were recall clauses - often simply terminated mutually, but we're all guessing anyway

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Though one suspects that even with Rodri out Pep has very little inclination to play Phillips so why would they have entertained a recall clause.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Even that doesn't mean there were recall clauses - often simply terminated mutually, but we're all guessing anyway
I don't seriously believe PB and co. would leave so much to chance. Any, the Phillips loan is totally different; they won't recall him because they've loaned him to get him off the books. That's a different kettle of fish to loaning a youngster out to develop.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Loans have always also been referred to as temporary transfers in the UK. That is what they are called in the official FA monthly registrations bulletin (September 2018 shown here as an example):-

View attachment 190772
Funny to see Tobi Adebayo-Rowling in the screenshot you've chosen here. I went to school with him (Longhill), he was levels above anyone else and was briefly in the Albion's youth setup. Now seems to be doing really well for Rochdale in the National League and was a big fan and dressing room favourite over the last couple of years at Notts County, even whilst injured, for his off field antics - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66291727

Great bloke!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Imagine if he got dragged back here in January and ended up not getting much of a sniff because the other guys are in the form of their lives and the returning injured players slot back in.

He'd be well faked off - and rightly so! He's in the best place for him right now. He's still just a kid FFS!
The problem that worries me is if like Undav and Stuttgart he becomes too attached to the Foxe`s and doesn`t want to return , unlikely but worryingly possible .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here