Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup - Chelsea v Spurs

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Spurs can't keep hold of the ball ..... don't they know how to play possession football ?

Unfortunately for Chelsea, it will be the only Final they get to this season.

Chelsea are not any good. Couldn't even get an OG. :lol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Shit ref but Spurs were n't at the races sadly.

Dandyman

In London village.
Fair play to Ledley for that difficult interview. Can't imagine John Terry being that dignified about the second goal.

Spot on. King is a gent. Terry is a shitbag.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blue is the colour,
Emphatic is the word,
Chelsea in the final,
Harry is a turd
So keep him away from the England team
Cos he's not even good for Spurs
:D
I like that! Still think he's the ideal manager for England though - the bloke who's only won one cup managing the team who've only won one cup.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Gareth Southgate had it bang on. How could Atkinson have been 100% certain that crossed the line? Possibly one of the worst decisions I have seen in 35 years of watching football.

Well if that isn't a call for goal line technology, awful decision not a goal!
Does the BBC Text Commentary count as "goal line technology"?

48:34 Goal scored Goal - Juan Mata - Tottenham 0 - 2 Chelsea
Juan Mata finds the back of the net with a goal from inside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea. Assist by John Terry.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Spot on. King is a gent. Terry is a shitbag.

Much as I dislike JT, he was honest enough to say it wasn't a goal from where he was.

That was a game changing decision !

Really, it is time to get technology involved in this as it is massively important !

Does the BBC Text Commentary count as "goal line technology"?

48:34 Goal scored Goal - Juan Mata - Tottenham 0 - 2 Chelsea
Juan Mata finds the back of the net with a goal from inside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea. Assist by John Terry.

Ello ello, what's goin' on 'ere then, are you suggesting some foul play and that the net will not be in need some repairin'?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Erm.... shame he celebrated a goal that wasn't by throwing his hand up to claim it at the time!
Honest? My sides are hurting at THAT assessment!

Again, much as I dislike the guy, he did say afterwards that it did not cross the line. That was big of him.

Thought you had put me on ignore !

D

Deleted member 18477

I agree to a point, but do you really want that pony-tailed twat Carroll lifting the FA Cup?

No and I don't really want his arrogant manager anywhere near it either BUT I hate John terry a lot more. The man is a vile rat!

Again, much as I dislike the guy, he did say afterwards that it did not cross the line. That was big of him.

Thought you had put me on ignore !

Er.... I haven't anyone on ignore, and I don't recall ever saying I would with you.
But for Terry being "big" - I think you are confused there. 'Big' would be if he disowned the goal AT THE TIME instead of running with his arm up like Shearer! He can say whatever AFTER the game as the non-goal has been given and has stood.
If he had proper faith in his side's ability to win fair and square he wouldn't be claiming the goal he admitted he KNEW it wasn't!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The new Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup 2012 watch is now out; it's shit. It stopped moving and only says five past one.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Er.... I haven't anyone on ignore, and I don't recall ever saying I would with you.
But for Terry being "big" - I think you are confused there. 'Big' would be if he disowned the goal AT THE TIME instead of running with his arm up like Shearer! He can say whatever AFTER the game as the non-goal has been given and has stood.
If he had proper faith in his side's ability to win fair and square he wouldn't be claiming the goal he admitted he KNEW it wasn't!

Sounds like an accurate summary of the game to me. (I still can't stand Shearer either btw).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Informative post. Perhaps you could expand?

The TV went to great lengths to explain that. Roughly translated it was not preventing a certain goal, because it failed, therefore a sending off was not obligatory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here