Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet (nearly every other subject has :lol: ) but pretty sure Fab mentioned, rather quickly and nonchalantly in his press conference this morning Danny briefly lost the feeling in his legs.

He also said he's a maybe for this weekend......... though I highly doubt he plays.

I was half asleep eating breakfast but I'm pretty sure that I'm not imagining any of this.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As I stated it's not that we don't recognise "soccer" as being a nickname for football, it's that some countries in particular the US and here in Aus are replacing Football with soccer. As I tirelessly point out to people here, AFL is primarily handball, and the biggest global tv audience is not for the "soccer" world cup
They're not though. The US and Australia have their own "football" code, so they use "soccer". What are they supposed to do? Suddenly use "football" as shorthand for association football and throw their own local understanding of the word "football" in the bin?

And it's not as if soccer isn't used on our own door step. Nobody calls the game "football" in Ireland either, because they also have their own code, yet nobody seems to get irritated by the Irish referring to the game as soccer.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
pretty sure Fab mentioned, rather quickly and nonchalantly in his press conference this morning Danny briefly lost the feeling in his legs.
Just watched it now and yes that’s exactly what he said. Got a hit, pinched a nerve, back in training and being assessed today for Saturday

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
They're not though. The US and Australia have their own "football" code, so they use "soccer". What are they supposed to do? Suddenly use "football" as shorthand for association football and throw their own local understanding of the word "football" in the bin?

And it's not as if soccer isn't used on our own door step. Nobody calls the game "football" in Ireland either, because they also have their own code, yet nobody seems to get irritated by the Irish referring to the game as soccer.
I do. I always correct them at family dos.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
They have not told me anything I didn't already know. As I said, I think the story is unlikely for the previous reasons stated.
Presumably you’ll be apologising for calling someone a liar now Fabian Hurzeler himself has just said exactly the same thing about Welbeck losing feeling in his legs?

Or will you just dig a deeper hole?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Presumably you’ll be apologising for calling someone a liar now Fabian Hurzeler himself has just said exactly the same thing about Welbeck losing feeling in his legs?

“with a full and frank apology that you're about to give us this morning, I'm sure you can dig yourself out of this rather ugly hole.” @ManOfSussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
a tad confused HWT has he blocked me?
No, I've blocked the person to whom you replied.

There are lots of people I have on ignore whose existence is hard to avoid owing to all the replies to their posts made by (otherwise) sensible people like yourself. Eventually I feel moved to salute their indefatigability, as in the present case.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bad news. You’re fighting a lost battle on that one. It’s language. It changes.

When I was a kid we used to talk about going to the flicks or going to the pictures. My late father used to say 'picture' (singular) instead of film. Movie might have seemed pretentious back then. Not now. I never knew season vs series was a thing either. I thought we’d always had seasons of things.
I'll draw the line at 'How the heck are ya?'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That sounds pretty Canadian actually, buddy!
Yep.

With the end of the conversation bookended with the enigmatic:

"You really must come round for dinner. Some time".

And (thankfully) the invitation never comes.

Ay.

(But many of them hanker to be septics. Must be the lure of gun crime. Strange lot, Canadians).

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep.

With the end of the conversation bookended with the enigmatic:

"You really must come round for dinner. Some time".

And (thankfully) the invitation never comes.

Ay.

(But many of them hanker to be septics. Must be the lure of gun crime. Strange lot, Canadians).
Crikey, not the ones I know to be honest - they hate the Yanks more than the Yanks hate themselves after an election. And that’s a LOT. Might be a regional thing…

Nobody - and I mean nobody - does passagg like the Canucks though. They’re absolute masters.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Vindicated by Fabian, I will now LOVE HIM FOREVER ❤️

It was understandable that people questioned whether Danny's injury should have been discussed so openly, but they never doubted that it actually took place.

If I wanted to make up stuff on the Internet, I'd go with something more high octane then 'two men with mutual friends discuss incident at football match they all attended'

Anyway, thanks everyone for the thumbs ups, and duly noted should I stumble across any gossip in the future 👍

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Vindicated by Fabian, I will now LOVE HIM FOREVER ❤️

It was understandable that people questioned whether Danny's injury should have been discussed so openly, but they never doubted that it actually took place.

If I wanted to make up stuff on the Internet, I'd go with something more high octane then 'two men with mutual friends discuss incident at football match they all attended'

Anyway, thanks everyone for the thumbs ups, and duly noted should I stumble across any gossip in the future 👍
Everyone believed you from the get go mate. Sounded completely plausible and you’ve always been a reliable poster with no trolling or tall tales that I’ve ever been aware of. Good rep, proved right.

That arsehole’s reply to you is a great way of getting news and ITK stopped on here for fear of being called a liar by cretins on the Internet, when people just want to share Albion news.

He owes you an apology. He’s getting hostile treatment from many of us now because he was openly hostile to you, calling you a liar several times.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No, I've blocked the person to whom you replied.

There are lots of people I have on ignore whose existence is hard to avoid owing to all the replies to their posts made by (otherwise) sensible people like yourself. Eventually I feel moved to salute their indefatigability, as in the present case.

Oddly, since I blocked him, I have not seen any such evidence of the continued existence of Statbrother. I guess he's all posts and no reactions ???

Fancy that. :lolol:

The opposite.
It looks like he's 'reacting' to posts, without making any posts

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here