Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Cometh the hour, cometh the Evan.

No finer time for him to rediscover his goal touch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crikey, not the ones I know to be honest - they hate the Yanks more than the Yanks hate themselves after an election. And that’s a LOT. Might be a regional thing…

Nobody - and I mean nobody - does passagg like the Canucks though. They’re absolute masters.
passagg?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Passive aggressive
Ah, OK. My ex-wife is Canadian :lolol:

In Vancouver when I lived there in the early 80s, the right wingers seriously mooted petitioning to join the US. The people they hated most were the Easterners, especially the Québécoise.

Most of the TV channels were American. Many of the richer female students were assiduously practiced in Valley Girl speak. ???

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Possibly showing a lack of class there, Harry?

For whatever reason he’s not posting any more, having previously taken time off. But he will be seeing posts like yours.

Most of what he posted seemed to be considered to me, even if I didn’t always agree. Much like your posts.

Surely we dont want the board to be made up of lurkers like me, which will happen if people feel they aren’t able to contribute?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Xenophobia. As we all know, in the states "football" means that game where they rarely kick the ball and if they want to talk about our game they call it "soccer". Of course this is harmless enough, however the whole world is saturated in American culture so this new usage started to feel like an assault on our language and culture. How dare they try to steal "football" and force us to only use the soppy "soccer" label? Soccer in the USA seems to be viewed as a childs game, less manly than "football" and is used in derogatory terms such as "soccer mums".

Of course it is just a word and used to be common in England but meanings of words change over time and now "soccer" is an Americanism and a belittling of the beautiful game.
Soccer moms

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Crikey, not the ones I know to be honest - they hate the Yanks more than the Yanks hate themselves after an election. And that’s a LOT. Might be a regional thing…

Nobody - and I mean nobody - does passagg like the Canucks though. They’re absolute masters.

For whatever reason he’s not posting any more, having previously taken time off. But he will be seeing posts like yours.

Most of what he posted seemed to be considered to me, even if I didn’t always agree. Much like your posts.

Surely we dont want the board to be made up of lurkers like me, which will happen if people feel they aren’t able to contribute?
Agree with all of your post, except for the word ‘possibly’.

@Stat Brother is a lovely bloke, and I don’t know why @Harry Wilson's tackle feels the need to belittle him here.

Live your own life and let others live theirs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I would imagine his absence is a personal issue rather than the effect of the my putting him on ignore, and he seems impervious to the relentless 'statbore' jibes that others make. I welcomed him back last time he re-engaged. But lacking any apparent empathy doesn't bode well if one wishes to engage on a football chat site. Prickly rebuffing of any attempt to be comradely isn't very polite.

Nevertheless you're right. If he has slipped into a bad place I hope he can come through it. I will delete my mocking posts/comments.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Mate, you’ve just described every single unplanned meeting between two or more beings that has occurred in the history of the universe.

“I’m sorry Pa, it’s just so far fetched that you met ma in the very same diner that my friends and I went to last night. The chances of that are astronomical, you expect me to believe of ALL the places Ma could have been at 7:15pm all those years ago was THAT diner, and that she was leaving just as you walked in?? And THEN, 26 years later my college buddies and I stop there on the way to a World Series game? PREPOSTEROUS!”

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Mate, you’ve just described every single unplanned meeting between two or more beings that has occurred in the history of the universe.

“I’m sorry Pa, it’s just so far fetched that you met ma in the very same diner that my friends and I went to last night. The chances of that are astronomical, you expect me to believe of ALL the places Ma could have been at 7:15pm all those years ago was THAT diner, and that she was leaving just as you walked in?? And THEN, 26 years later my college buddies and I stop there on the way to a World Series game? PREPOSTEROUS!”
And still no apology.

Dreadful behaviour.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
They're not though. The US and Australia have their own "football" code, so they use "soccer". What are they supposed to do? Suddenly use "football" as shorthand for association football and throw their own local understanding of the word "football" in the bin?

And it's not as if soccer isn't used on our own door step. Nobody calls the game "football" in Ireland either, because they also have their own code, yet nobody seems to get irritated by the Irish referring to the game as soccer.
I am fully aware of this, I just like pointing out how insignificant their 18 team league is and the fact that it's not actually football, neither is it a ball :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here