Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just been reading the Spurs forum and yhe C-word is the most oft used about Veltman. 😅

Which is completely fair as he's a snide bugger. He's just so handsome and charming while he's doing it.

I'll never understand how he continues to get away with it. Surely refs talk to each other.
Just watching Sky's Ref Watch and Stephen Warnock has gone off on one about the Veltman incident with Maddison.

At the game I tended to agree with the Sky presenter that Veltman was having a laugh with a comical fall to the ground. However, when you see the replay I'm not so convinced and Joel does seem to try and suggest that spurs player has hit him with his arm.

We love Veltman but needs to be careful that the dark arts shitehousery doesn't creep over into blatant cheating.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Can a mod correct the spelling of his name on the thread title? He deserves a Mitoma like thread title... unless there's another one we should be using?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Can a mod correct the spelling of his name on the thread title? He deserves a Mitoma like thread title... unless there's another one we should be using?

That's at least the third time that has been requested this weekend!
Could also move the Welbeck talk to one of the 398 correctly spelled ones that wasn't started by some muppet in a muppetarian fashion..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is an astonishing thread when you read back through it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There's no doubt DW wasn't match fit, loving the game, nor in great shape so far as being strong and reliable to perform week in week out . . . . So credit must go to the club for helping him get physically and mentally in the right place to perform the way he has been this last year ( and more)

He looks like he's on holiday having fun most weeks . . and not only helping us getting big results but mentoring our army of yoof in their progression. . . Like Lord Pascal, another PL era legend.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Watching his header again on MoTD I hadn't realised quite how good it was - slightly behind him, yet he hung up there and still managed to put power behind it.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Just watching Sky's Ref Watch and Stephen Warnock has gone off on one about the Veltman incident with Maddison.

At the game I tended to agree with the Sky presenter that Veltman was having a laugh with a comical fall to the ground. However, when you see the replay I'm not so convinced and Joel does seem to try and suggest that spurs player has hit him with his arm.

We love Veltman but needs to be careful that the dark arts shitehousery doesn't creep over into blatant cheating.
For sure... he's great fun to us but his behavior doesn't exactly discourage social media abuse directed at him and his family.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Page 1 of this thread is hilarious.

Well done Danny. You are a star. What a pro. Up there in the Pascal category for me.
When I wrote that post, Welbeck had played 16 games for us, scored 2 goals and gone three months without finding the net. What was your take at the time?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When I wrote that post, Welbeck had played 16 games for us, scored 2 goals and gone three months without finding the net. What was your take at the time?

Looks like I was right in our discussion then….. 😉

(That said, I’ll also confess, season before last I thought he was done).
Last season he was excellent, and this year he’s even better.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

:lol:

The man cheats every single game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here