Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I was watching a compilation clip of Spuds fans on YT and there was not a lot of love at all for Welbz after he got the winner I have to say. :lol:
Yep...... I saw one lovely comment referring to our Danny as "that f**ing ex gooner c*nt"

When he scored and ran towards East, anyone else notice he pointed arm stretched at South stand?

Did he know someone in South hospitality or was it a mild f**k you from an ex gooner!

Screenshot_20241008_103309_Chrome.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Did DW ever play as an out and out Centre Forward for Yernited or the Arse or England? He is at the Albion.
Don't think so for United or Arsenal, both of whom had options at CF. From memory, he tended to play as a wide forward usually on the left -- @Han Solo comment a few posts back seems to reinforce this.
Not sure about England, but his return is very good for England. Again from memory, think it was 16 in 42 which suggests some time in the CF role.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't buy the idea Veltman was doing anything other than mocking Madison. He knows there was nothing in it, he knows Madison knows he didn't do anything (and the ref) and Veltman knows that Madison knows that he knows.
Having seen it again, I thought it was obviously comical and silly. Wasn’t Maddison smiling too?
but the ref could have seen it differently

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yep...... I saw one lovely comment referring to our Danny as "that f**ing ex gooner c*nt"

When he scored and ran towards East, anyone else notice he pointed arm stretched at South stand?

Did he know someone in South hospitality or was it a mild f**k you from an ex gooner!

View attachment 189976
Think he knew someone in hospitality. He was waving up there post match.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bitten? No its just a fascinating subject imho. We sign a 30-year-old striker who had just been relegated with Watford after having a shit, injury plauged season, on a free transfer one-year-deal because we couldn't get our other striker targets.

Initially he's part of the toothless trio along with Maupay and Connolly. At this point his style of play still revolves around his pace. He's very rarely meeting the ball or getting involved in duels, he just plays off the shoulder of the defenders waiting to run deep.

Fast forward a couple of years and this all-but-done free transfer pace merchant signing from Watford is playing better than ever in some sort of false nine role, while the transfer target (Darwin Nunez) we missed out on is doing f*** all at Liverpool after signing with them for £100m.

Just fascinating. As far as I remember it was only really @Farehamseagull who had full faith in Welbeck throughout the whole (?) time. But then again @Farehamseagull would give Welbz a 7/10 rating if he went on the pitch in the 89th minute to shit in a bucket and then get subbed off again, so it barely counts.

Welbeck these days remind me a lot about Henrik Larsson. If he didn't have the reputation of being the "former super talent" or "always injured"-stuff, he'd be a very strong candidate to get called up by England again.
No, you really have bitten.

So why did you change your name from Swansman then? That's the far more interesting question.

So why did you change your name from Swansman then? That's the far more interesting question.
Probably cos he was getting a lot of silly flak for having a user name associated with another team. And no I'm not changing mine :p

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Bitten.. on what? Yeah I was wrong about Welbeck but whats there to bite? Could you explain to me which part I'm supposed to get upset/wound up about so I can at least try to bite?

I was banned as Swansman and returned as Han Solo. No one, including me, knows why I picked Han Solo as my new username but it is what it is.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Did DW ever play as an out and out Centre Forward for Yernited or the Arse or England? He is at the Albion.
He is a striker originally and has played there for the majority of his United/Arsenal/England games, but at times he's played more left wing than striker.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Is it because when people tell you they love you, you reply "I know"?
I do but I have no idea if Han Solo does. I've watched the old Star Wars movies maybe 2 times, and the "new ones" 0 times.
Han Solo is a pilot who is very friendly with some big dog. Thats pretty much everything I know.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do but I have no idea if Han Solo does. I've watched the old Star Wars movies maybe 2 times, and the "new ones" 0 times.
Han Solo is a pilot who is very friendly with some big dog. Thats pretty much everything I know.
You are Malcolm Tucker

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bitten.. on what? Yeah I was wrong about Welbeck but whats there to bite? Could you explain to me which part I'm supposed to get upset/wound up about so I can at least try to bite?

I was banned as Swansman and returned as Han Solo. No one, including me, knows why I picked Han Solo as my new username but it is what it is.
Banned as one user so you return as another and yet draw attention to posts you made under your previous pseudonym. Why would you do that?

And who cares if you are called Swansman or not. Would @Bozza not let you back on here as Swansman?

BTW, I had no idea you were one and the same until you drew attention to the fact, so you’re rather failing in any attempt to create clear blue water between your past history as a poster and your present history. As far as I can see it still appears to be your mission to bombard the board with posts.

And for what it’s worth, you were wrong about Welbeck in your earlier post as Swansman. The board were taking a risk in a player that was not a prolific striker but was a troublesome forward. Welbeck has never been judged on goals alone, and we have managed his proclivity to get injured well.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Banned as one user so you return as another and yet draw attention to posts you made under your previous pseudonym. Why would you do that?

And who cares if you are called Swansman or not. Would @Bozza not let you back on here as Swansman?

BTW, I had no idea you were one and the same until you drew attention to the fact, so you’re rather failing in any attempt to create clear blue water between your past history as a poster and your present history. ....
It has been known for months that the current @Han Solo is the former @Swansman. If you have a problem with that I would suggest you need to take it up with Bozza and/or the moderators rather than Han Solo.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

BTW, I had no idea you were one and the same until you drew attention to the fact, so you’re rather failing in any attempt to create clear blue water between your past history as a poster and your present history. As far as I can see it still appears to be your mission to bombard the board with posts.

And for what it’s worth, you were wrong about Welbeck in your earlier post as Swansman. The board were taking a risk in a player that was not a prolific striker but was a troublesome forward. Welbeck has never been judged on goals alone, and we have managed his proclivity to get injured well.
Just imagine if you got kicked out of the Amex for anti semitic comments, banned....... then all you had to do was change clothes and you could come straight back in!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It has been known for months that the current @Han Solo is the former @Swansman. If you have a problem with that I would suggest you need to take it up with Bozza and/or the moderators rather than Han Solo.
Known for months by who? I didn’t know. I still don’t understand why he needs a new name.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Known for months by who? I didn’t know. I still don’t understand why he needs a new name.

I'd say quite a number of people knew, but obviously some didn't.

He needed a new name because he couldn't sign in under a banned account so he decided to ignore the ban and create a new account. Obviously the mods could kick him out, but I'd guess they've decided that since he's being less unpleasant this time around that they're willing to let him stay for now (as I said, that's a guess, I don't claim to speak for them).

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He needed a new name because he couldn't sign in under a banned account so he decided to ignore the ban and create a new account. Obviously the mods could kick him out, but I'd guess they've decided that since he's being less unpleasant this time around that they're willing to let him stay for now (as I said, that's a guess, I don't claim to speak for them).
He learned his lesson, moved on and has become one of the better contributors on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here