Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Any chance a mod could edit the thread title? Nothing shows your love for a player like spelling his name incorrectly :facepalm:
I'm not sure the OP had much love for Welbz...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Also in the running for best ever value PL signing
Nah. That'll be the guy who was chatting to RR on the pitch before the game...

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Use one of the other 3 pages of threads on him, that are spelt correctly and most with his first name too.
You must have searched under the wrong spelling to find this 2021 thread !
I wondered why only 3 results came up! 😁

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He is just such a NICE man. Nobody hates Danny Welbeck, do they? Even Palace fans would have to agree he's a top guy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The paradox is while Wellbeck is playing his best football for the Albion his career stats show he has never scored double figures in the Prem. The elephant in the room is what has happened to Evan Ferguson.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Irrespective of what you may think of their respective abilities we seemed to be blessed with some likable characters. Might I suggest Veltman, Lamptey, Baleba, Mitoma, Webster and the recently departed Gross.
I don't think fans of many other PL clubs would describe Veltman as "likeable", no matter how much we love him :lol:

I would add Rutter to the list of Top Guys, however. Seems like an absolute diamond, and I've no doubt his bubbly personality is a major factor in him being signed.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I don't think fans of many other PL clubs would describe Veltman as "likeable", no matter how much we love him :lol:

I would add Rutter to the list of Top Guys, however. Seems like an absolute diamond, and I've no doubt his bubbly personality is a major factor in him being signed.
Just been reading the Spurs forum and yhe C-word is the most oft used about Veltman. 😅

Which is completely fair as he's a snide bugger. He's just so handsome and charming while he's doing it.

I'll never understand how he continues to get away with it. Surely refs talk to each other.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
There were genuinely a lot of posters in here saying we didn’t need any striker at all. The club screwed up big time and this is one gamble that could be the worst of Blooms lifetime.
That aged well….. 😁

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The paradox is while Wellbeck is playing his best football for the Albion his career stats show he has never scored double figures in the Prem. The elephant in the room is what has happened to Evan Ferguson.
Ferguson has always been quick to acknowledge the help and advice that Welbz has given him, which is another sign of DW's quality, coaching his possible replacement. I get the feeling from what Hurzeler has said in press conferences that Ferguson will be more involved after the international break, especially if he goes away and does well for Ireland.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can I mod please edit the title to spell his name correctly?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I think it was in added on time when we broke forward and play broke down, Danny sprinted back to cover Mitoma before issuing a mighty bollocking to those that failed to get back.

Unbelievable work rate and summed up his performance, his fitness issues finally seem to be over and for me, he is now one of the first names on the team sheet. Thought his all round play yesterday was exceptional.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At what point is Welbeck elevated to Gross status ? Still feels quite under appreciated to me

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I suspect that by the time this season is over, Welbeck will have cemented his place in our list of all-time Brighton heroes

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
This is up there with the 'We look such a poorly coached team' thread. Hindsight is a wonderful thing especially when your kneejerk utterances are thrown back at you over a period of years on a club forum....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here