Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Farm Travellers.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Been there the best part part of ten years,now up to 80 families have lost their fight to stay at Dale Farm. Evictions could start tomorrow,could be tasty !! Maybe it is on Sky 'press the red button' ? :banana:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
could be interesting viewing, get them out!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have been doing a bit of work along the road from there and these people are a real load of bad stuff. They nick anything that is standing still. Even stole 1/2km of fibre optic cable thinking it was copper cable and took out a whole area's CCTV coverage. The locals have had enough and it was just a matter of time. Pay no attention to the likes of Vanessa Redgrave (or is it Lynn?) and their 'compassionate views from Hampstead Heath'. The encampment at Basildon is nothing but bad news for the area and what has happened was inevitable.

TNBA

TTF

Feb 14, 2010
Its just like Wild Park - 20 minutes walk into Brighton from Falmer...and to think some people call other fans "Pikeys". As a Brighton fan for more years than I care to remember and having seen our support, especially at away games, then I always think that a pot and kettle accusation.. Albion away support is very fond of a Special Brew or ten!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I have been doing a bit of work along the road from there and these people are a real load of bad stuff. They nick anything that is standing still. Even stole 1/2km of fibre optic cable thinking it was copper cable and took out a whole area's CCTV coverage. The locals have had enough and it was just a matter of time. Pay no attention to the likes of Vanessa Redgrave (or is it Lynn?) and their 'compassionate views from Hampstead Heath'. The encampment at Basildon is nothing but bad news for the area and what has happened was inevitable.

TNBA

TTF
Hampstead maybe,however why not with Milibrand and his mates in Primrose Hill !!

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Apparently they are considering a move back to Selhurst before the transfer deadline!
Palace have offered a pony and a northern twat called Murray.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Its just like Wild Park - 20 minutes walk into Brighton from Falmer...and to think some people call other fans "Pikeys". As a Brighton fan for more years than I care to remember and having seen our support, especially at away games, then I always think that a pot and kettle accusation.. Albion away support is very fond of a Special Brew or ten!

Yeah - you did this post a few days a go and it died on its arse - especially when you pulled the "I've got a very expensive gaff in London" line.

Working Class Pride - my arse.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Been there the best part part of ten years,now up to 80 families have lost their fight to stay at Dale Farm. Evictions could start tomorrow,could be tasty !! Maybe it is on Sky 'press the red button' ? :banana:

It's not going to be "tasty" though is it? Whatever the arguments, this is only going to end up being a total nightmare, with the travellers' kids and elderly relatives pushed to the front for the cameras, and a massive conflict between the police, bailiffs, travellers and protestors. Nobody will win.

I have no idea what the solution is, and while it's clear the travellers have completely ignored planning guidelines that everyone else has to adhere to, the problem won't go away because they're evicted. Instead, Essex County Council (and probably Kent, and Suffolk and London) will end up with dozens more encampments and evictions to sort out, as the travellers move on, and on, and on. For all we know, a bunch of them might decide to come down here and join the others in Wild Park/ Ditchling Road/Madeira Drive/Stanmer Park/ Preston Park/ all the other sites they regularly occupy in Brighton & Hove.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They can live with the Redgraves (and any other bleeding heart luvvies) at their many country pads. Job done.

Now that would be entertaining :lol:

I'm going to sit on the fence with regard to the rights and wrongs, but I know there are hundreds of police drafted in from all over the place to deal with this eviction, assuming it goes ahead, and it's just going to end up with people being dragged kicking and screaming, off the site, which it's incredibly difficult to do without people getting hurt, and then the usual human rights vs police powers debate, and so we go round again.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
It's not going to be "tasty" though is it? Whatever the arguments, this is only going to end up being a total nightmare, with the travellers' kids and elderly relatives pushed to the front for the cameras, and a massive conflict between the police, bailiffs, travellers and protestors. Nobody will win.

I have no idea what the solution is, and while it's clear the travellers have completely ignored planning guidelines that everyone else has to adhere to, the problem won't go away because they're evicted. Instead, Essex County Council (and probably Kent, and Suffolk and London) will end up with dozens more encampments and evictions to sort out, as the travellers move on, and on, and on. For all we know, a bunch of them might decide to come down here and join the others in Wild Park/ Ditchling Road/Madeira Drive/Stanmer Park/ Preston Park/ all the other sites they regularly occupy in Brighton & Hove.

Irish Republic made trespass a criminal offence, pushing this problem to their kind UK neighbours who treat trespass as just a civil offence, with a long queue of human rights lawyers waiting to assist.

And in this case, what about the original greedy landowner who initially sold to the travellers, knowing full well what may then happen?.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This is nasty stuff and as Edna says can only go badly. My only suggestion from this entire mess is that the courts and legal process move far far swifter to enable councils and people who illegally develop their land to come to court. Had they have not "put roots down" in that area - this wouldn't be such a nightmare.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Irish Republic made trespass a criminal offence, pushing this problem to their kind UK neighbours who treat trespass as just a civil offence, with a long queue of human rights lawyers waiting to assist.

And in this case, what about the original greedy landowner who initially sold to the travellers, knowing full well what may then happen?.

This is correct and the Irish public treat them how they desrve to be treated (generally) so they come over to the soft touch UK!
The ones on Wild Park complained that toilets and bins weren't provided by the council. They then got them, filled them and then turned them over when leaving!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've got colleagues heading up there to assist Essex Police, and they're not looking forward to being stuck in the middle of all that. Contrary to what most of you think, most coppers don't actually want to be having to drag aggressively resistant individuals away, particularly not women and kids, because it can't end in anything but tears.

If someone is that determined not to be moved, then any use of force on them, no matter how well intentioned, is likely to end up with someone getting hurt. And you look like a total bastard in the process (more so for a male police officer dealing with a female individual). You can have whatever comes to hand thrown at you, but lay hands on someone else and every lawyer in the country is watching. Unless the travellers decide to hold their heads up high and walk away- which seems unlikely- it will probably be carnage, and a media frenzy...and take days if not weeks.

I really hope they sort something out, for the sake of all parties.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Surely they can't be classed as travellers if they've been in the same place for 10 years?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Well put,maybe like you live within the law FOR THE GOOD OF ALL. Those at Dale Farm and other sites DON'T.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here