Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Farm Travellers.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Great lengths? Like the widespread media coverage they get? Jesus, the poor bastards are lucky to get Vanessa Redgrave and David Essex helping them attain a voice. They've got f*** all, and you'd wish they had f***ing less. As for shitting in your garden, I f***ing would, because you've demonstrated nothing but ignorance, hate, vile, sweeping generalisations and unfounded accusations. Given the choice of you as my neighbour or a gypsy encampment? It's a no brainer. If some gypsies rocked up next door, I'd walk over, introduce myself as I would anyother person - maybe take them a cake. That's what you do for neighbours isn't it? I bet you and your cronies jeered, sneered and heckled insults. And you wonder why there's shit in your garden.

Last year, some travellers appeared on the Adur Recreation ground.
I help to run the model car club there.
We were a little nervous, but invited them over, let them have a go with the radio control models, talked about the technicalities of racing and controling a 10th scale car.
Generally treated them as good neighbors.

That night, our storage container at the track was jemmied open, windows smashed, fence cut down, and over two grands worth of equipment stolen, including the generator, model car spares, all the choccie and drinks which we stock for our club members.
We dipped into our own pockets to replace the genny, but the rest of it, the club has just had to write off.

You'll probably reply now that there is no evidence that it was the travellers, and it's all a huge coincidence.
The fact is, they are scum, with no respect for others hard work and endeavour, treating the world as if it owes them stuff they don't want to work for.
All the while we let them get away with it, they will carry on.

This isn't racist, and to suggest it is, is really disingenuous. A way of closing down a hard conversation which you don't want to have.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Your words not mine. So you pay no tax but still invest ? You have quite clearly stated you pay NO tax anymore so in other words you avoid paying tax on your investments ?

gold is tax free you fool - do you seriously think i am investing in city hedge funds?

as i said earlier, my tax given earlier in life easily pays for the pavements i use.

i am starting to think your avatar is a picture of you when deep in thought.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Regrettably there are many on this board that probably won't believe a police officer, because they are apparently 'right minded' - I tend to try and use both the left, right, front and back parts of my brain. I wish others would.

If 'kip' hasn't agreed with a single word I've argued, despite most of them being very reasoned arguments based on historical evidence, fact and human rights, then he or she is obviously not only more informed than me, but a genius of the highest calibre. Congratulations!

I'm not gonna post any more on this subject, so you can mourn the entertainment and celebrate the retirement of the obviously 'lefty PC hippy' or 'n****r lover' or what ever label you'd care to attach. People seem to like putting you in categories, guess it helps when you're striving for that racial purity. However, if one single person has thought, hang on this guy has some valid points here, he may not be entirely correct, but I agree with this or that, I should learn more on the issue, then it would have been worthwhile.

Latcho drom.

Sadly you've gone out on a high a mighty which means all you've posted before you has fallen as a flounce. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but your ideas and supposed "historic evidence" is scant and illogical, despite your statement you use all parts of your brain (of course you'd know that the cerebrum is 85% of your brain and the thinking part). In the main, your view runs contrary to everything we see, read and hear about these people.

Worse of all you seem to suggest that people like putting people in categories, and yet you start your post doing exactly that in "right minded"...

And scoda man is entitled to put whatever he likes on his driveway - another categorisation?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] i know it is hard to believe but much tax goes straight from the gov to the banks - this is because the gov borrow money from the banks AT INTEREST.

there are many books that explain this, and you can write this off as a CT if it is easier for you, i don't mind.

your posts seem to suggest everyone who uses a pavement should pay the same or it is unfair, and that laws should never be broken.

it would do you good to watch this film called 1984 by George Orwell, and you will see where your ideals take humanity.

[video=google;-5464625623984168940]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5464625623984168940[/video]

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] i know it is hard to believe but much tax goes straight from the gov to the banks - this is because the gov borrow money from the banks AT INTEREST.

That's not hard to believe at all. It's how an excess of expenditure over income is financed: borrowing.

Even politicians admit it - “Is that what people work so hard for, that their taxes are blown on interest payments on the national debt? What a terrible, terrible waste of money."

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I am however attracted to the idea that:
- I could have a personal view on how much tax is fair (i.e. personal, not decided by society)
- all laws have a personal opt-out

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Great lengths? Like the widespread media coverage they get? Jesus, the poor bastards are lucky to get Vanessa Redgrave and David Essex helping them attain a voice. They've got f*** all, and you'd wish they had f***ing less. As for shitting in your garden, I f***ing would, because you've demonstrated nothing but ignorance, hate, vile, sweeping generalisations and unfounded accusations. Given the choice of you as my neighbour or a gypsy encampment? It's a no brainer. If some gypsies rocked up next door, I'd walk over, introduce myself as I would anyother person - maybe take them a cake. That's what you do for neighbours isn't it? I bet you and your cronies jeered, sneered and heckled insults. And you wonder why there's shit in your garden.

Its very naive to think that if travellers set up next door its all happy families. They are like mobile crime waves. We had the misfortune to find them in one of the fields on my dads farm. They stole anything not bolted to the floor, and by the time they moved on they had left tonnes, yes many tonnes of rubble strewn around our field which we then had to clear at our own expense. Ive also hadthe bad luck to end up with some in my taxi, they were the most ill mannered, leering threating individuals ive ever met, an absolute nightmare and at the end i was told i would have to fight them for the fare. They are a disgrace and deserve every bad word of abuse they receive

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its very naive to think that if travellers set up next door its all happy families. They are like mobile crime waves. We had the misfortune to find them in one of the fields on my dads farm. They stole anything not bolted to the floor, and by the time they moved on they had left tonnes, yes many tonnes of rubble strewn around our field which we then had to clear at our own expense. Ive also hadthe bad luck to end up with some in my taxi, they were the most ill mannered, leering threating individuals ive ever met, an absolute nightmare and at the end i was told i would have to fight them for the fare. They are a disgrace and deserve every bad word of abuse they receive

That gentleman on Big Brother seems alright. What's the issue?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Welcome back by the way. Where have you been?

Thanks, had a job that took me away for a few months and I was getting a bit sick of various fascist threads on here started by the more right wing element of NSC. Cheers!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
One of the "gentlemen" in this video? A real charmer.

[yt]fQzYnbljZ9Y[/yt]

What a decent chap, though he has an address in Croydon so not really a traveller. He does seem rather confused though, nobody wants to fight you Mick, they just want you to f*** off!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I challenge anyone to visit Penrith during Gypsy Week and tell me you still have respect for Do As You Likey's.

Last edited:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Caught about 4 of em in my garden about a month ago, they didn't hang about when they saw my bullmastiff though..... F#ckers

zego

Jul 10, 2003
On this occasion, the Dale Farm area in in the middle of nowhere and isolated from any nearby town, apart from a handful of country houses. Surely it is best to keep the problem in one cordoned off area then to dissipate the problem through the rest of the nearby towns onto municipal parks and gardens.

Most of the information we get about Dale Farm has come from TV news, which mostly focuses in on the site, the travellers, and their supporters, whilst banging on about illegal Green Belt development.

It is easy to begin to think of leafy green fields amongst rolling hills as being where these travellers have settled.

Google Maps, aerial view, shows a slightly different picture.

These three views, at different scales, are centred on Dale Farm.

Dale Farm - Billericay-Wickford-Basildon triangle:-
Dale Farm - Billericay-Wickford-Basildon triangle v1a.jpg

Dale Farm - Crays Hill village:-
Dale Farm - Crays Hill surroundings v1a.jpg

Dale Farm - neighbours, northern border: Oak Lane, western: Pippin Hill Rd North, eastern: Gardiners Lane North, and southern: A127, dual carriageway Southend Arterial Bypass.

On these borders are several not particularly green-field operations, such as the Tesco/Boots/Mothercare/ McDonalds shopping centre, and Summerhill Garden Centre, Essex Garden Buildings, Elms Nursery Garden Centre, identified by Google in the view below. Above views show many more nearby unidentifed industrial sites

Dale Farm - neighbours  v1a_stitch_clear_rotate.jpg

zego

Jul 10, 2003
The simple plain fact is this country has planning rules that apply to all - not just us middle class, cash cow mugs. I don't begrudge the travellers a lawful place to reside but flouting the planning laws sets a terrible precedent. You give people an inch and they take a yard.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich and the poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread." Anatole France 1844-1924

In this case they bought the (scrap) yard!

If neighbours instead had bought the yard, I doubt Council would have changed it to Green Belt status, judging by the thriving development clearly visible in the surrounding area.

Have a look ...

Last edited:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
not my words but seems about right

i see the pikeys want to protect their heritage and age old customs ....would these be the ones that let them steal and cheat their way through life , avoiding paying anything to a society that continues to bend over backwards for them...the custom of settling arguments with bare knuckle fights , not getting any schooling and being generally a bunch of ungrateful fucks....i love em really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here