Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket- England tour of Pakistan- October 2024

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If all the pitches are like this on the tour he could be 2nd ever in a few weeks.
Apparently Multan is the joint flattest pitch on the planet. The next Test is in...oh, Multan. Anyway, the third Test is in Rawalpindi. That's err, the other flattest pitch on the planet.

I wonder if they might decide not to water the next two pitches more. Perhaps produce a couple of bunsens. The Multan Test in 2022 was a close affair when they left it dry and most of the England wickets fell to the spinners.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Matthew 'Pottsy' Potts back for England too.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pakistan 79/2 at lunch on Day 1. Pitch turning a bit, but as someone on cricinfo points out it's now on day 6 of usage.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pakistan 249/5. Decent ton on debut from Kalman.

Honours pretty even, I guess.
If the previous Test is anything to go by, I'd call this a good day for England.
Mind you, I was going to post that it's been a disappointing series for Bashir, but the Kalman wicket soon followed that thought. His return in this Test will hinge on how much the pitch cracks up and so favours the spinners -- as will the result.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent day 2 for England so far.

Pakistan rolled out for 366.

England past 50 without loss (though Crawley should have been run out by 6 yards a moment ago - but the hapless bowler knocked the bails off just before the ball reached him)

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
In the office so reliant on BBC text rather than having Sky on in the background but it looks like Crawley dodged a couple of bullets with the run out and then Duckett saving him from an LBW by insisting he should review the decision when Crawley was already walking off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the office so reliant on BBC text rather than having Sky on in the background but it looks like Crawley dodged a couple of bullets with the run out and then Duckett saving him from an LBW by insisting he should review the decision when Crawley was already walking off.
very lucky with the run out. Less so with the LBW which was really not that close, and should never have been given out in the first place.

England now 160/2. Duckett imperious to 90, and now doing his usual thing of trying to invent a stupid way to get out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Batting 2nd on an old pitch is a guaranteed loss

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Could be worse, India currently 40-9 on TNT Sports 1 against New Zealand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here