Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket- England tour of Pakistan- October 2024

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oof, that looks shocking. I just logged onto Cricinfo to see how it was going, and… it’s all over!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Got to feel a bit for Sajid who somehow ended up not reaching ten wickets in the match. He took the first today to take him to nine (while Noman had just four). Then Noman went and reeled off ALL of the remaining seven!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Win the toss, win the game on this one. No shame in getting spun out on a day 9 (NINE) pitch IMHO.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I really wouldn't hold an inquest into that match at all. As others have said, it was won once the coin fell.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It pointless playing them. They play to a near empty stadium and their pitches are just awful. Using the same pitch for two tests is plainly wrong. It was like a new British road, flat surface for a week and then full of potholes the following week.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
It pointless playing them. They play to a near empty stadium and their pitches are just awful. Using the same pitch for two tests is plainly wrong. It was like a new British road, flat surface for a week and then full of potholes the following week.
Yes, two totally one-sided matches that did nothing for the reputation of Test cricket. Neutrals, and even many partisan followers, just want to see a closely fought contest. Hopefully, Rawalpindi will be more interesting.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't bothered with this test much as they really shouldn't have been allowed to use an old track. However, was it the pitch that tipped this test in their favour?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Haven't bothered with this test much as they really shouldn't have been allowed to use an old track. However, was it the pitch that tipped this test in their favour?
Win the toss, win the game on that pitch.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I don't really see how it's any different to preparing a green top and hoping to bowl first on it, or just preparing a new dry pitch that'll spin at some point later in the game.
Some of the dropped catches didn’t help our cause much either. Still it sets it up nicely for the deciding game
Quite. Take our chances and collapse a little less spectacularly in the first innings and we could/should have been competitive.

There's an occasional tendency to needless sloppiness in this England team (think how many no balls were bowled in the first couple of Ashes tests last year, which pretty much cost us the series) that I find much more aggravating than the batters who get out playing unnecessarily aggressive shots.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could be talking about playing the Aussies at Perth there. When fault lines open up on the pitches. I think someone lost a mobile in one of them.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I get the feeling that the spinners may play a role in this deciding Test- as will the toss....

1729550015074.jpeg

Picture: Cricinfo

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England have named three spinners in the side ….with Root as a 4th option
Just taken a look. The irony is that Farhan's 16 year old brother has been performing better, much better, in the County Championship. Michael Vaighan's boy, same age, also had an outstanding start. They may have done well to raid the creche for this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here