Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket- England tour of Pakistan- October 2024

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This morning’s play is testing my proposed solution, to such ridiculously tailored pitches - but I would happily introduce a rule that the toss is removed from Test cricket, and the away team automatically gets to choose whether to bat or field first.

Test series results across the world over the last couple of decades have been so massively skewed towards the home sides, that something really does need to be considered to balance things.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This morning’s play is testing my proposed solution, to such ridiculously tailored pitches - but I would happily introduce a rule that the toss is removed from Test cricket, and the away team automatically gets to choose whether to bat or field first.

Test series results across the world over the last couple of decades have been so massively skewed towards the home sides, that something really does need to be considered to balance things.
Yeah, this seems far too sensible for the ICC though

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Incidentally, having seen Jamie Smith bat in person in the Bristol ODI about a month ago, he has one of the most painfully awkward batting stances when viewed from side on that I've ever seen.

It's like his limbs are all about 6" longer than they should be and don't quite fit into the space he occupies.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

That's a really good idea.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

There was talk of this but quietly forgotten.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Incidentally, having seen Jamie Smith bat in person in the Bristol ODI about a month ago, he has one of the most painfully awkward batting stances when viewed from side on that I've ever seen.

It's like his limbs are all about 6" longer than they should be and don't quite fit into the space he occupies.

Well it's working

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wow - that was nearly brilliant!
Astonishing bit of fielding :clap2:

lols at this:

1729762509826.png

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Agreed. Didn't they try that in the County Championship? Is that rule still going? I must admit I haven't followed the CC much, if at all, over the last few seasons - until Sussex got promoted!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

He does seem to squat like a constipated scout who's taken another run to the bushes on a weekend hike to try and drop his load. Seems to rely on sheer strength of arm when pulling the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here