Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is the problem with us English, we accept defeat too easily with a ‘Oh well, we gave it a good go’. We should have a win at all costs mentality like other nations.

Nobody remembers who came second.

Southgate is a serial bottler, hopelessly out of his depth and tactically inept against the stronger teams.

A loser with a big fat L.
Blimey what must you think of Brighton ? Flopped winning the championship, bottled an FA Cup semi final, bottled our first European knock out game …

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
yes he’s not that brilliant is he. However is he BAD enough to get Palace relegated, and better still could he get them relegated two years on the trot? That would be something to behold.
Agreed.

The propensity for his teams to choke time and again when it really matters makes him a perfect replacement for Glasner.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Agreed.

The propensity for his teams to choke time and again when it really matters makes him a perfect replacement for Glasner.
I agree too. Southgate overseeing their relegation would be the icing on the cake. Watching the world's greatest ever fans turn on their own poster boy would be epic.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This is the problem with us English, we accept defeat too easily with a ‘Oh well, we gave it a good go’. We should have a win at all costs mentality like other nations.

Nobody remembers who came second.

Southgate is a serial bottler, hopelessly out of his depth and tactically inept against the stronger teams.

A loser with a big fat L.
I do, in the last two Euros it was England (only two finals I've ever seen England in during my 42 years), and in the last two World Cups is was Croatia and France who knocked out England (2 of the 3 World Cup Semis we've been in during those same 42 years)

I'm not a Southgate fan by any means, but England's tournament record under him is the best since Ramsay, so I guess the question is, should we have beaten any of Italy or Spain in the Euros (Y, N), Croatia then France (Y, N) or France then Argentina (Maybe, N). So I reckon we probably should have beaten Italy, but we don't have a divine right to win any tournament and objectively we've had glaring weaknesses in our squads in all of the above tournaments.

I don't accept defeat, I was gutted when we went out of all of them, but in the cold light of day most England fans are blinded by arrogance and hubris when it comes to our relative qualities compared to other "big" nations.

Anyway, back to Palace... Bl**dy hilarious if you ask me...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lads, lasses

This thread has ONE purpose; laughing at the ridiculous palace meltdown posts.

Please leave the Southgate debate to one of the other threads discussing him/England and leave this one to laughing your balls/tits off at the hyperbolic misery of palace fans.

Just to clarify: played 8, won 0, scored 5, points 3, in thr relegation
Zone.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I agree too. Southgate overseeing their relegation would be the icing on the cake. Watching the world's greatest ever fans turn on their own poster boy would be epic.
Well they turned on the team last night at final whistle apparently. Not long before the cut throat gestures are out at Selhurst again .

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Kamada would look good in our side. Bit like Gross you need to play to their strengths and palace have very few technically and tactically smart players to link up with him.

Funny

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Blimey what must you think of Brighton ? Flopped winning the championship, bottled an FA Cup semi final, bottled our first European knock out game …
Don’t be a twat! It’s completely different, and you know it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here