Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
cpfc gone missing !
Yeah but when they look deeper they can always console themselves with the fact they have accrued 22 points to our 20 points over the last 16 games respectively ! Shame they cannot carry their excess points into a new season eh ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whilst it’s annoying that they always seem to be able to dig themselves out of trouble, the number of false dawns is equally amusing.

I’m by no means a football expert, but anyone looking at their results with and without Olise could see that they were very reliant on him. Why did they expect to carry on their end-of-season run after having sold him?

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No chance of Palace going down. They will finish between 10-14th as usual.

A big injury to Eze and i might change my mind, but i doubt it.

If they ditch the 3 at the back they will soon pick up

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No chance of Palace going down. They will finish between 10-14th as usual.

A big injury to Eze and i might change my mind, but i doubt it.

If they ditch the 3 at the back they will soon pick up
It’s an interesting theory they can’t win a game how will they possibly string 3-4 wins together? Saying that I’m always nervous before we hit 40 points.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I honestly think this year is different.

They have no outstanding player to come back from injury, Eze doesn’t look that interested, Guehi has been found out, Wharton is carrying an injury that they don’t seem to be treating properly. Apart from those 3, do they have anyone that you would have confidence in to drag them up the League?
Even if they get a fire fighting manager in, with their squad, I just don’t see them pulling clear of the relegation zone.

Which available manager would get their squad to play well enough to get the required points?
Southgate? His record in club football isn’t great, Potter? Not sure, he took a fairly long time to get us playing winning football.
Moyes is probably the only available manager who appears to have what they need, but even he struggled at times with West Ham’s squad, and that was a lot better than Palace’s present squad.

I can only see a real battle for them this season, and I honestly don’t think they’ve got the bottle for it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It’s an interesting theory they can’t win a game how will they possibly string 3-4 wins together? Saying that I’m always nervous before we hit 40 points.
The early part of the millenium called and wants its points-for-Premier-League-safety threshold back. These days 36 is enough. This is an unfortunate result of the the widening gap between the top and bottom of the league and there only being a finite number of points available.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

They have no outstanding player to come back from injury, Eze doesn’t look that interested, Guehi has been found out, Wharton is carrying an injury that they don’t seem to be treating properly. Apart from those 3, do they have anyone that you would have confidence in to drag them up the League?
Even if they get a fire fighting manager in, with their squad, I just don’t see them pulling clear of the relegation zone.

Which available manager would get their squad to play well enough to get the required points?
Southgate? His record in club football isn’t great, Potter? Not sure, he took a fairly long time to get us playing winning football.
Moyes is probably the only available manager who appears to have what they need, but even he struggled at times with West Ham’s squad, and that was a lot better than Palace’s present squad.

I can only see a real battle for them this season, and I honestly don’t think they’ve got the bottle for it.
I think scoring goals will be their main issue, Mateta, Nketiah and Eze will net a few but none of them are prolific, I can’t see many goals from their midfield or much creativity in their midfield. I wonder If they’ll try and get Zaha back in January?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Problem for palace is, yes they may start picking up points, but is there 3 worse teams? Yes maybe one or two, but 3 definitely worse teams? Regardless of current points totals, in terms of what I’ve seen so far on the pitch im not sure there is..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think scoring goals will be their main issue, Mateta, Nketiah and Eze will net a few but none of them are prolific, I can’t see many goals from their midfield or much creativity in their midfield. I wonder If they’ll try and get Zaha back in January?
I'm far from SURE on this, but I believe he has been registered to both Galatasaray and Lyon this season (he hasn't actually featured for Gala) and as such could not sign for a third club.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This.

I think Southampton are gone, but, Wolves and Leicester both look better, Everton seem to be over their very bad patch. Maybe a West Ham collapse could happen, but out of all the present relegation contenders, Palace look the worst, apart from Southampton.
Palace appear to be the only team not improving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here