Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Kaba .. Justice served ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Many experts who followed the case say it should never have been brought by the CPS.
Personally I think if you shoot someone, and that person doesn’t have a gun or weapon why shouldn’t it go in front of a jury?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Precisely, so what was the thought process as to whether to fire or not? The jury concluded they didn't feel the officer's life was at risk, there's only one conclusion: race
No they didn't. They accepted that there was a real danger to police officers' lives - if they hadn't the verdict would in all likelihood have been different.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Precisely, so what was the thought process as to whether to fire or not? The jury concluded they didn't feel the officer's life was at risk, there's only one conclusion: race
What the f***!?

Your last two posts have been utter nonsense.

‘It’s commonplace for black people to have loaded guns pointed at them by police.’

‘The policeman shot him because he was black’.

Genuinely astonishing.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
You’ve been brainwashed to look for race / gender / something to protest by society. Have a look at the poor bloke pissing blood out of both legs cos this twat shot both his legs. He was a wrongun and anyone protesting for him and claiming race are creating problems that simply aren’t there. Oh the shot bloke was also black I think (see I didn’t even 100% notice as I’m not racist!)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the tragedy here is that this went to court at all. It's a tough job being a Firearms Officer and we should be grateful to the people prepared to risk their own lives.
If a policeman kills someone in the line of duty, then it should be thoroughly investigated and scrutinised to the highest level. Whether it should ever see the inside of a courtroom is a hugely contentious issue though, and could well inhibit the actions of a firearms officer in that split second when he literally has to make a life or death call. Recruitment would inevitably become an issue too, if you know a wrong call could land you with a very long sentence.

I don't know the answer tbh, but I'm glad this officer was acquitted, as from my (admittedly limited) perspective of the bodycam footage, I don't think he had much choice but to open fire. I'm sure his intention was not to kill either, but thats the unwanted situation he found himself in and the consequence.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the tragedy here is that this went to court at all. It's a tough job being a Firearms Officer and we should be grateful to the people prepared to risk their own lives.
Indeed …i remember reading that 300(?) officers trained in firearms had given up the right to carry a weapon in the last year ..I think this was The Met …and then you have articles such as this

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I guess you must know what was in the note passed onto Mr Justice Gross by the Jury then . If so are you free to divulge here ?

Before the jury delivered its verdict on Monday, it had sent a note to Mr Justice Goss asking for permission also to pass comment, which was denied.

Following speculation about what the jury might have said, the media, supported by a lawyer for Mr Kaba's family, asked the senior judge to release the note.

Mr Justice Goss refused.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh shock there were protesters making it a ‘black lives matter’ case, when in reality they should be saying ‘bellends who think they’re above the law lives matter’. Twats.
There are always people pursuing their agendas.

My sense on NSC is that people have shown curiosity but perspective on this issue

Due process seems to have been done well. The police officer has correctly been exonerated. The criminality of the dead man was kept nicely quiet till after the verdict.

And we move on....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally I think if you shoot someone, and that person doesn’t have a gun or weapon why shouldn’t it go in front of a jury?
He did have a weapon though. He used his car as one. It might not be a weapon per say but once he starts using it as one it has just as much ability to kill as a gun does

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here