Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Kaba .. Justice served ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, so much for the debate, "Was justice served?" - or for that matter, "Should it have been manslaughter?"

Who effin' cares?!
The defendant, I should think.

Anyway, from what I've seen of the footage, the officer was justified in using his firearm given that Kaba was acting like an absolute loon trying to use his car as a battering ram against the police. The fact that he's black is neither here nor there, I'd have fully expected that officer to have taken the same course of action if it was a white bloke behind the wheel.

IMO, like.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
It's easy to say such thing from your priveleged position knowing it would be highly unlikely you would ever be in such situation, however, the uncomfortable truth is we live in a country / society where if you are black it's common place. Feel free to argue / pretend otherwise
What privileged position is that then? One where common sense and law abiding gives them one? Unfortunately it’s a fact that black people commit more crimes in this country proportionately to their % of race and are way more involved in these stupid gangs than any other race. If you want to hide behind the race card, YOU feel free. This is nothing to do with race, the bloke acted a bellend and was a nasty piece of work to boot.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Last night on PM they were interviewing a former senior firearms officer who is also black and he said not one shot fired by the police in any operation he led and that there is almost never a shot fired by the police.
Quite, so that suggests everyone that faces an arm officer is from the correct background of privilege (what ever that means) or when asked to behave and follow instructions do so, unless they are hiding something

Absolutely nothing to do with race.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It’s hard to feel too much sympathy when he was a drill rapper who portrayed himself as a hardened, violent criminal, even before the video evidence of him being in the wrong came out. I mean he’s literally part of 67; which won’t mean much to most on here, but they’re pretty notorious.

There is a debate to be had about how infrequently the police are found guilty when somebody dies in their custody, Chris Kabba is not the death that should spark that debate though.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Quite, so that suggests everyone that faces an arm officer is from the correct background of privilege (what ever that means) or when asked to behave and follow instructions do so, unless they are hiding something

Absolutely nothing to do with race.
The same officer was asked if he thought race played a part in decision making and he said that as a black police officer he had lost count of the number of times he had been stopped when off duty.

As a 56yr old Caucasian male who has been driving for over 37 years I have only been stopped twice. Both for having a dodgy light on my car (once a headlight and once a brake light).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The whole story now coming out after the trial. Not a particularly nice person and no wonder the police were armed.

Very much feeds into my point about folk not knowing the full facts of the case. It wouldn't be wrong to conclude that the judiciary feel it right to release this as too many try to make political capital out of it. I have great reservations about historical police conduct in the UK, but I would never deny that they have to make very difficult decisions at times and folk often judge them in ignorance.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
My mind was made up early on when I read the witness reports...

... a witness said that he had seen the man trying to drive his Audi at police after his vehicle was boxed in by three police cars in an attempt to stop and arrest him.

“A car was chased into our road and there was a police helicopter overhead. There was a clang when two of the vehicles smashed into each other. One was a police car and the other of the guy being chased.

“Armed police jumped out and were shouting at the man ‘get out of the car’. It was at least a dozen times.”

He added: “The guy in the car had a lot of opportunities to stop but he refused. He then started driving forward towards a police car and smashed into it then reversed, he just wouldn’t stop the vehicle. I heard one shot.

“From what I could see he could have killed one of the officers with his car. I don’t understand why he didn’t stop.
“He was trying to ram his way out and could have easily killed a policeman. He was using his car as a weapon.”

Another resident, 35, said: “I saw cars drive fast into our road. There was a helicopter overhead. Then I heard a bang, there were armed cops everywhere.

“People seemed to be giving CPR [cardiopulmonary resuscitation] to someone on the ground. There were blue lights everywhere, it was horrific.”

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Last night on PM they were interviewing a former senior firearms officer who is also black and he said not one shot fired by the police in any operation he led and that there is almost never a shot fired by the police.
Precisely, so what was the thought process as to whether to fire or not? The jury concluded they didn't feel the officer's life was at risk, there's only one conclusion: race

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's easy to say such thing from your priveleged position knowing it would be highly unlikely you would ever be in such situation, however, the uncomfortable truth is we live in a country / society where if you are black it's common place. Feel free to argue / pretend otherwise
Are you saying that it is common for black people have a police officer point a loaded firearm at them?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Precisely, so what was the thought process as to whether to fire or not? The jury concluded they didn't feel the officer's life was at risk, there's only one conclusion: race
Really, another pontificating about the race card. This should never have landed in court. It’s also interesting to see news coming out that the unfortunate lad was indeed a proper naughty. Time for everyone to move on!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really, another pontificating about the race card. This should never have landed in court. It’s also interesting to see news coming out that the unfortunate lad was indeed a proper naughty. Time for everyone to move on!
Spot on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Every time you use a wrong ‘un like Kaba to play the race card you weaken the cause of anti racism, you don’t strengthen it.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The met themselves admit they are institutionally racist
That is not what I asked. Should the officer who took the shot, and the other two who were about to do the same thing, asked themself if the target was black and therefore decide not to fire?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Does a jury offer a conclusion, or just a verdict?
In England and Wales its Guilty or Not Guilty
To find someone guilty you have to believe, beyond reasonable doubt, that they committed the crime.
In this case there is no doubt that the officer shot and killed Kaba so the belief shifts to his reason, whether he truly believed he was acting in defence of himself or others and, if so, whether his action was proportionate.
The jury clearly decided that, at that moment, he had no option but to shoot.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Very interesting background coming out now that reporting restrictions have been lifted

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Common sense prevailed in the end with the policeman not being charged.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Common sense prevailed in the end with the policeman not being charged.
He was charged. He very nearly went to prison for a long time, with the fate of the course of the rest of his life on the shoulders of 12 members of the public. They unanimously found him not guilty after only three hours deliberation, so it would look like a slam dunk dismissal from the outside.

Many experts who followed the case say it should never have been brought by the CPS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here