Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Was today the game where all the Dutchies are coming over to support Van Hecke?

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
.... and another thing that will happen: It's all light-hearted fun and banter at the moment, but once the match kicks off the mood always darkens, and the posts are all "What's FH playing at?", "Dunk's past it", "Ferdi's a liability", "Hinshlewood isn't PL quality", "We're getting destroyed here", "This is awful!"

These too are all part of the ritual!
Mate we haven’t even had a shot on goal yet. De Zerbi OUT

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
How do you know they ARE pretending?

But no, post #43 explains. "Just kids mucking about" as Crocodile Dundee would say. All part of the ritual.

EDIT: This next game could be season-defining. (Don't think anyone's said that yet).
Through to the next round lads no excuses.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The boring answer is it’s just a bit of fun, started as a one-time gag which has now become a ritual, getting more elaborate each time. In the same way the guys have the “were loose” call and response, “it’s got nil nil written all over it”, “I’ve got a feeling about this one”, someone making a prediction which is obviously going to correct (“it could go either way or be a draw”), someone asking if it’s POTG, someone saying they expect to wake up to find 3 points in the bag, and jokes about Georginio not playing but Rutter being available.

It’s a bit of fun on match day with bonhomie and camaraderie between us fans.

And I hate that I’ve had to break character to explain that.

COME ON THE DOLPHINS!!! 🐬

(Edit: yes I know we aren’t called The Dolphins, that was another little bit of fun there. Oooh, cheeky!)
The Shrimps, shirley?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
When did "to suffer" become a staple of football managers' lexicon? It is used several times per presser by the majority of Prem managers now. Potter used to trot it out a lot too. Was it ever used before 5 or so years ago? Was it introduced by a foreign manager translating from German or another language?

Last edited:

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Is anybody else constantly seeing an advert that looks like the bloke from Escape to the Chateau, shirtless, asking me to calculate how long it takes to lose 37 pounds doing chair yoga? Firstly, I have absolutely no intention of partaking in chair yoga – not yet; secondly, God knows what I have been browsing lately for that to pop up; and thirdly, I feel that if I were to sign up, it would end up costing me far more than thirty seven quid.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I will be watching the match from a beachside bar in Zanzibar. I'll repeat that so nobody misses it, A BEACHSIDE BAR IN ZANZIBAR.🤣🤣
Not at the Zanzi Barbar, which doesn't have a TV, but at the Dhow Resort bar where they are very excited about El Classico this evening and couldn't give a stuff about our match but have agreed to show it. I confidently predict that I'll be the only Brighton fan there and, even more confidently, there will be no Wolves fans. The barman is an Arse and the other barmen is Chelshit, so no pushback from them.
Win this one, boys, to avoid my humiliation from the local plastics.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
As we are all well aware, there are no 'easy' matches in the Prem, but that said, if both sides play to their abilities, I can see nothing less than a 3 - 0 victory.
There. I've said it. Shoot me. :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is anybody else constantly seeing an advert that looks like the bloke from Escape to the Chateau, shirtless, asking me to calculate how long it takes to lose 37 pounds doing chair yoga? Firstly, I have absolutely no intention of partaking in chair yoga – not yet; secondly, God knows what I have been browsing lately for that to pop up; and thirdly, I feel that if I were to sign up, it would end up costing me far more than thirty seven quid.
Is this Groundhog Day? Every time the adverts come on it's 'Calculate how long it takes to lose 37 pounds doing chair yoga', I'm not buying it on principle.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The boring answer is it’s just a bit of fun, started as a one-time gag which has now become a ritual, getting more elaborate each time. In the same way the guys have the “were loose” call and response, “it’s got nil nil written all over it”, “I’ve got a feeling about this one”, someone making a prediction which is obviously going to correct (“it could go either way or be a draw”), someone asking if it’s POTG, someone saying they expect to wake up to find 3 points in the bag, and jokes about Georginio not playing but Rutter being available.

It’s a bit of fun on match day with bonhomie and camaraderie between us fans.

And I hate that I’ve had to break character to explain that.

COME ON THE DOLPHINS!!! 🐬

(Edit: yes I know we aren’t called The Dolphins, that was another little bit of fun there. Oooh, cheeky!)

You missed out 'this could be season defining' :wink:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I believe so, came up on my Facebook feed earlier. 100 of them apparently
Waiting for the line up to see if he starts, if so he’s 40/1 first/last goal single market. Having a fiver on each…

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just went in the club shop and thought I'd get myself a travel mug as my wife keeps nicking mine.

Got to the till to be told I'm 'not allowed' to take it in the ground, but I can come back and fight through hoardes of people to get it later :lolol: Honestly. I'm sure some smartarse will tell me it's obvious because you can't have 'flasks', rah rah rah, but that seems bloody stupid to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here