Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why do people pretend they are going to the wrong stadium on a match day? Genuinely intrigued...
The boring answer is it’s just a bit of fun, started as a one-time gag which has now become a ritual, getting more elaborate each time. In the same way the guys have the “were loose” call and response, “it’s got nil nil written all over it”, “I’ve got a feeling about this one”, someone making a prediction which is obviously going to correct (“it could go either way or be a draw”), someone asking if it’s POTG, someone saying they expect to wake up to find 3 points in the bag, and jokes about Georginio not playing but Rutter being available.

It’s a bit of fun on match day with bonhomie and camaraderie between us fans.

And I hate that I’ve had to break character to explain that.

COME ON THE DOLPHINS!!! 🐬

(Edit: yes I know we aren’t called The Dolphins, that was another little bit of fun there. Oooh, cheeky!)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why do people pretend they are going to the wrong stadium on a match day? Genuinely intrigued...
How do you know they ARE pretending?

But no, post #43 explains. "Just kids mucking about" as Crocodile Dundee would say. All part of the ritual.

EDIT: This next game could be season-defining. (Don't think anyone's said that yet).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How do you know they ARE pretending?

But no, post #43 explains. "Just kids mucking about" as Crocodile Dundee would say. All part of the ritual.
Exactly I’ve been to all the right grounds but not in the right order.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
.... and another thing that will happen: It's all light-hearted fun and banter at the moment, but once the match kicks off the mood always darkens, and the posts are all "What's FH playing at?", "Dunk's past it", "Ferdi's a liability", "Hinshlewood isn't PL quality", "We're getting destroyed here", "This is awful!"

These too are all part of the ritual!

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
Good luck today BHA, can’t see past a convincing home win, sticking with 3-1.

I can see all five home sides winning today 🤔.

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
Ah Mr. Tricky Tree, but the question is, looking at the table this morning, do you want us to win? 🙂
I’m keeping my feet on the ground and head out of the clouds, Forest are doing well but I’d be delighted with mid table between 9th and 13th this season, so with that crack on BHA get the win today and continue to rattle cages, I’d be more than happy for BHA and Villa to battle it out for 4th place this season which is achievable in my opinion.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The one I could never fathom (truth or lie) was @Solid at the back with his "game over" when we went a goal down in the first 20 mins.
.... and another thing that will happen: It's all light-hearted fun and banter at the moment, but once the match kicks off the mood always darkens, and the posts are all "What's FH playing at?", "Dunk's past it", "Ferdi's a liability", "Hinshlewood isn't PL quality", "We're getting destroyed here", "This is awful!"

These too are all part of the ritual!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I detest missing home league games - thanks Chinese man who ate a bat or whatever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here