Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not that black or white. Duffy is a monster of a defender, lethal in the air... but his weaknesses are obvious.

All I'm saying is that his weakness is the team's weakness and I am certain it has contributed in us being less effective going forward.

People will be more vocal about it after a defeat, I'm sure. But I just highlighted it as an issue today as it's been obvious, particularly the last couple of games.

Sorry if I gave you the impression I wanted to debate your criticisms, in the aftermath of the 0-1 victory that takes the team I support to 3rd in the EPL.

I apologize for misleading you.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don't know. I've read almost the entire internet and I can't remember a single time someone has been called a racist for not being able to tell foreign languages apart. Can I challenge you to provide one single link to where it's happened?

Or could it be a wild over exaggeration to score cheap points, which also feels very out of place in a football thread that right now is celebrating a fantastic win for BHA?

he's paraphrasing a stewart lee gag

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don't know. I've read almost the entire internet and I can't remember a single time someone has been called a racist for not being able to tell foreign languages apart. Can I challenge you to provide one single link to where it's happened?

Or could it be a wild over exaggeration to score cheap points, which also feels very out of place in a football thread that right now is celebrating a fantastic win for BHA?

I think you've missed the sections of the internet on satire.

But you're right, this thread should be dedicated to basking in the glory of our win but I couldn't resist.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
It's not that black or white. Duffy is a monster of a defender, lethal in the air... but his weaknesses are obvious.

All I'm saying is that his weakness is the team's weakness and I am certain it has contributed in us being less effective going forward.

People will be more vocal about it after a defeat, I'm sure. But I just highlighted it as an issue today as it's been obvious, particularly the last couple of games.

So obvious that Graham Potter continues to pick him! And don’t say he has no choice, Potter has shown he is more than happy to play players out of position.

I fully expect Duffy to drift in the pecking order, especially when we start to play the Top 6 teams, well the other 5 anyway... but for now just accept he is doing a good job.

Fiskmås

he's paraphrasing a stewart lee gag

I think you've missed the sections of the internet on satire.

But you're right, this thread should be dedicated to basking in the glory of our win but I couldn't resist.

Oh, in that case I completely misunderstood and I apologise for me being snarky!

Not easy following the British satire/sarcasm sometimes, it can look so exactly like the real thing if you don't know the person speaking/writing.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I don't think Potter does have too much choice in that position, at least until Burn is back.

I think Duffy is doing a good job, just as he always has done for The Albion. I've just pointed out that his weaknesses are obvious and that is it a contributing factor as to why we're not as effective going forward this season.

That's all.

We're so innefective going forward this season we've won 3 games out of 4...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's only one criticism, not plural. And if you don't want to debate it, stop debating it! I don't especially want to debate it either.

I just pointed it out. There is literally not a better place or time to point it out than now, after the game and in the match thread.

You seem to be under the impression that no criticism is allowed after any kind of victory! But you're presumably the same where you forbid any kind of positivity after a defeat, right?

Can I just say (nothing against Stat Brother btw) that you invariably come across as a very positive, non-whinging, Albion supporter. In the darkest days of a sizeable part of nsc wanting Potter sacked, correct me if I’m wrong, you stood out as one of the loyal optimists.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can I just say (nothing against Stat Brother btw) that you invariably come across as a very positive, non-whinging, Albion supporter. In the darkest days of a sizeable part of nsc wanting Potter sacked, correct me if I’m wrong, you stood out as one of the loyal optimists.
Very much this. Why the f##k Stat Brother sees fit to pull you up is beyond me. You weren't even being particularly controversial.

The bloke absolutely loves to get his post count up though (especially for cheap likes) so it's probably that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Time and a place though.

Clearly this is the place
But then, now, this evening, most definitely isn't the time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very much this. Why the f##k Stat Brother sees fit to pull you up is beyond me. You weren't even being particularly controversial.

The bloke absolutely loves to get his post count up though (especially for cheap likes) so it's probably that.

[MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] is the polar opposite of BW2.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Scrappy game, good win, hope Webster isn’t too
Lots of posts a out Welbeck and his injuries but Webster missed quite a few games last season through injury.

Hamstring injuries take a while to heal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I just don't see the point of getting all critical (over my favourite player) minutes after the game.

The nature of NSC is you can always find scathing criticism and/or unconditional love 24/7.
Shirley we can have 30 minutes away from criticism when 95% of last season's mithering has been answered in 3 of the 4 games.
Esp when Duffy has been a big part of that transformation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here