Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Their pressing game served them very well. But in the Prem, it's not possible to keep that up against sides that can pass round you. Their energy level dropped in last 20 minutes and there was really only one side going to take the points. Didn;t see their strikers in the last 20 minutes.

Potter masterclass again ? Knew it was going to happen, planned for it ?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We've played 4 games, and scored 5 goals from 4 different players.

Is it too soon to say that the goals are coming from all over the pitch? Are we beginning to see why Potter didn't sign a 20 goal a season striker?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
trossard.gif

Just like the Burnley game, there's something about the radio commentary that just has me picturing these games being played in miserable, overcast condition, with floodlights on to light the pitch from the grim darkness, only to see clips of the game being played in the blazing sun.

1. Moder should get an honory "assist" for that goal, Made that beautiful pass through to Mac despite falling over in the process :)
2. I've seen MANY albion matches (admittedly from a stream ) and MANY commentators rate Trossard very highly. Clearly Belgium (world ranking number 1 ??) also rate him and he played all 3 games in the break so has played 5 games in 2 weeks and still had the energy in the 90th minute to stretch the defence and curl it in the corner...Nice.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Dear Brentford,

Welcome to the Premier League.

Love Brighton xx

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My man trossard (boooooooo) steps up to the plate and hits the goal that takes us to the champions league again.

**** the premier league…..the super league is back on and WE aware a part of it.

Get in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, he's absolutely lethal in the air, always has been. My criticism isn't of that, it's his build up play which is virtually non existant.

If you're writing:-

"My criticism..."

30 minutes after a 0-1 smash and grab away win.

Which happens to be:-

The 10th win in 2021.
The 11th clean sheet in 2021.
Putting the club 3rd in the EPL.

Then you really need to be thinking about what you want and what you get from The Albion.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Disagree strongly.

I think losing White for Duffy has had a huge impact on our prowess going forward this season. Afterall, there are 11 players and Duffy is our weak link on the offense. Last year White, Dunk and Webster were all very effective and moving the ball forward.

But one of our strongest defensively.

How many aerial mistakes did White cost us last year?

It’s evened it’s self out I’d say

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Apparently, Tony Bloom has a beef with one of the directors of Brentford Matthew Benham a former colleague in the sports gambling industry with whom he no longer wishes to associate, so, he rejected the director’s box and went and sat with the fans in the cheap seats. 😂 Wouldn't that be brilliant if you found yourself sat next to Tony for the match. 🙂

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We haven't played a Manchester team yet?

And the last time we played one, we beat them……. Deservedly.

It may not happen this season, but who knows? Funny old game football

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disagree strongly.

I think losing White for Duffy has had a huge impact on our prowess going forward this season. Afterall, there are 11 players and Duffy is our weak link on the offense. Last year White, Dunk and Webster were all very effective and moving the ball forward.

You seem to be forgetting we lost Webster. Brentford were always going to run out of energy pressing like they did from the off. Gross was also missing and our set pieces were shit. White would have been monstered by Toney. Duffy did wht he does very well.

Amazing that some still want to moan after three hard fought wins in four

Do we need a Potter In or Out poll already? :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apparently, Tony Bloom has a beef with one of the directors of Brentford Matthew Benham a former colleague in the sports gambling industry with whom he no longer wishes to associate, so, he rejected the director’s box and went and sat with the fans in the cheap seats. 😂 Wouldn't that be brilliant if you found yourself sat next to Tony for the match. 🙂

Always does away at Brentford……best example was the 3-3 in the Championship, he was going mental behind the goal on the terraces 😁

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You seem to be forgetting we lost Webster. Brentford were always going to run out of energy pressing like they did from the off. Gross was also missing and our set pieces were shit. White would have been monstered by Toney. Duffy did wht he does very well.

Amazing that some still want to moan after three hard fought wins in four

Do we need a Potter In or Out poll already? :lolol:

Yes please.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

In our promotion season, he is pictured going mad in the away end when we scored late for a 3-3 draw at the game at Brentford. We had fought back from 2 nil down and we then saved a penalty, went onto equalise only for Brentford to seemingly and heartbreakingly snatch a win deep into injury time. We scored in the 4th minute of injury time to level up. Happy times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here