Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In our promotion season, he is pictured going mad in the away end when we scored late for a 3-3 draw at the game at Brentford. We had fought back from 2 nil down and we then saved a penalty, went onto equalise only for Brentford to seemingly and heartbreakingly snatch a win deep into injury time. We scored in the 4th minute of injury time to level up. Happy times!

I nominate BW2 as the ideal person to sit beside him

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This makes no sense at all. I was SLAMMED for suggesting midfielders scoring more was the same as a striker scoring more.

Winners from Mac Allister and Trossard on our travels this year.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Apparently, Tony Bloom has a beef with one of the directors of Brentford Matthew Benham a former colleague in the sports gambling industry with whom he no longer wishes to associate, so, he rejected the director’s box and went and sat with the fans in the cheap seats. 😂 Wouldn't that be brilliant if you found yourself sat next to Tony for the match. 🙂

Indeed it would. 20210911_174606.jpg

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Albion match report says it’s the first time in our history, we’ve played ten international players. Only Maupay that hasn’t been capped as a full international.

I remember as a child how amazed and proud I felt when Willie Irvine was called for the Northern Ireland squad that we had an international player.
Now we have 10:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Happy days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was a follow up to a reply to my match review post, where I identified Duffy as a weak link today and this season.

I'm buzzing about the result and the season so far, but I am also concerned as we haven't been as good going forward as last season, but bizarrely we've been a lot more clinical hence 3 great results.... I have just identified Duffy as a problem and a key factor why we're weaker going forward this season.

Yeah those clean sheets and goals are really holding the team back.
Certainly what I'd be highlighting after doing the things that most, dare I say including you, were critical of last season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Scrappy game, good win, hope Webster isn’t too badly injured

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Disagree strongly.

I think losing White for Duffy has had a huge impact on our prowess going forward this season. Afterall, there are 11 players and Duffy is our weak link on the offense. Last year White, Dunk and Webster were all very effective and moving the ball forward.

But the team missed Duffys aerial ability, the reception is so much better on the dressing room TV now.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
These days if you can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese you get arrested and thrown in jail.

Easy. Thickness of noodles.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember as a child how amazed and proud I felt when Willie Irvine was called for the Northern Ireland squad that we had an international player.
Now we have 10:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Happy days.

We already had big John Napier as well.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Pleasing today to get the points without looking the best, a reverse of last seasons pattern. Cucurella looked ok for a first outing, and should get better, Webster injury is a worry but could be an opportunity for Roberts?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Apparently, Tony Bloom has a beef with one of the directors of Brentford Matthew Benham a former colleague in the sports gambling industry with whom he no longer wishes to associate, so, he rejected the director’s box and went and sat with the fans in the cheap seats. 😂 Wouldn't that be brilliant if you found yourself sat next to Tony for the match. 🙂

"Apparently" ! :) It very well documented, it was one of his employees that went rogue, he has done this several time at Brentford, always refused to go in to the directors box.

Fiskmås

These days if you can't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese you get arrested and thrown in jail.

I don't know. I've read almost the entire internet and I can't remember a single time someone has been called a racist for not being able to tell foreign languages apart. Can I challenge you to provide one single link to where it's happened?

Or could it be a wild over exaggeration to score cheap points, which also feels very out of place in a football thread that right now is celebrating a fantastic win for BHA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here