Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben Diaz.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Quite funny really - we sign a Chilean International who can't speak Spanish (or any native Chilean language) ....

I think he can be forgiven for not speaking any native Chilean language as 99.3% of the Chilean population speak Spanish.

He should certainly learn the latter language though, you surely need your international players to speak the language of their team?

I can’t recall not being able to understand an England player when they’ve spoken (except Gazza of course) but Owen Hargreaves’ accent was bad enough.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think he can be forgiven for not speaking any native Chilean language as 99.3% of the Chilean population speak Spanish.

He should certainly learn the latter language though, you surely need your international players to speak the language of their team?

I can’t recall not being able to understand an England player when they’ve spoken (except Gazza of course) but Owen Hargreaves’ accent was bad enough.

Indeed. But be careful. I recently criticised the Leeds messiah for being unable to speak English to his disciples.

I was quite surprised by the number of contributors who didn't see it as a problem.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Seems to know where the back of the net is.

In the Championship yes, but so did his fellow Blackburn striker Adam Armstrong, and he hasn't exactly carried on scoring freely since his move to Southampton last summer.

That said signing any striker will always carry it's risks, and l do like the look of this guy. I hope it happens.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Until he back tracks why does anyone listen to this clown he did a whole piece on Gonzalez and then his agent said there was only an enquiry from us :shrug: Which I believe as we won’t pay over £20m anything more and the wage structure collapses.

He’s usually correct when he says that we’re not interested in a player.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He’s usually correct when he says that we’re not interested in a player.
Indeed.

Just look back to Edouard in the summer. Plenty of fans wanted to believe the Scottish tabloid so badly but Naylor stood his ground.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm going to continue to stick with the old adage, believe nothing to be true, until the player appears on the club website holding up his new shirt.

One way to do it, but some are signposted from a mile off, like Cuccerella, that you can get excited about with a fair degree of confidence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here