Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3-1 to the referee

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There was no way Oldham were in that game today. We had as much reason to moan about refereeing decisions as Oldham did.

If Knight had stayed on he would have got the hat trick he deserved.

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
I've got to say that there are some comic geniuses on this site. Earlier in the week, we had Normandy_Seagull with his 'guide to Oldham' and today we get some clown called Yorkie saying 'I think the referee had a poor match but the poor decisions were equal to each side'. Piss funny.

Equally bad to both sides my arse. Did he give us 2 non-existent corners which we scored from? Did he give us a penalty for no reason? He gave us fúck all! It's bad enough losing because of a tósser like that, without having your nose rubbed in it by some pillock saying 'I think the referee had a poor match but the poor decisions were equal to each side'.

Oh, and to all you people saying stuff like 'Talk about this on an Oldham board.' Firstly, our board has had a couple of muppets from this board on it gloating. Secondly, hardly any of you went to the match and I am giving you an (albeit biased) match report.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Three points away from home. That's all that matters :clap2: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
'Talk about this on an Oldham board.' Firstly, our board has had a couple of muppets from this board on it gloating.

That would be me (ZippyBlue). I never gloated I was just replying to a few posts from your fans on our board saying we was a one man team.

I replyed on the Oldham board with the subject............. 3-1, Must of been three own goals.

In the post it was..........

>>>Because people keep saying we are a one man team and No bobby no goals

Plus we've hit the cross-Bar! Silly me, It must of been the Oldham defence because we wont score as Zamora has gone lol<<<

For the last 2 seasons we've had muppets saying we are a one man team, well today proved we arn't.

3-1 :lolol:

:goal:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Some clown called Yorkie :jester:

Who was at the match and disagrees with your opinion.

You'll find my opinion is pretty well respected on this board.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agreed.

Yorkie is firm but fair! :thumbsup:

Where as FG is ..........:angry:

Bevendean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Bevendean
Reeves_for_England said:
I've got to say that there are some comic geniuses on this site. Earlier in the week, we had Normandy_Seagull with his 'guide to Oldham' and today we get some clown called Yorkie saying 'I think the referee had a poor match but the poor decisions were equal to each side'. Piss funny.

Equally bad to both sides my arse. Did he give us 2 non-existent corners which we scored from? Did he give us a penalty for no reason? He gave us fúck all! It's bad enough losing because of a tósser like that, without having your nose rubbed in it by some pillock saying 'I think the referee had a poor match but the poor decisions were equal to each side'.

Oh, and to all you people saying stuff like 'Talk about this on an Oldham board.' Firstly, our board has had a couple of muppets from this board on it gloating. Secondly, hardly any of you went to the match and I am giving you an (albeit biased) match report.
f*** off nob jockey! Thanks for the 3 points:D

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
Well, you ought to have lost a lot of respect for that crap that you've just written. What exactly did the ref give us then? He gave you a non-existent corner from which you got a non-existent penalty and then scored. He refused to even speak to your keeper who hacked down a player outside the area. he didn't give us a blatant penalty when an Albion player tipped the ball over the bar. These were just a long line in bamboozling decisions from the great funnyman.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Reeves_for_England said:
Well, you ought to have lost a lot of respect for that crap that you've just written. What exactly did the ref give us then? He gave you a non-existent corner from which you got a non-existent penalty and then scored. He refused to even speak to your keeper who hacked down a player outside the area. he didn't give us a blatant penalty when an Albion player tipped the ball over the bar. These were just a long line in bamboozling decisions from the great funnyman.

If the ref had given you a penalty, you wouldn't have put it away, the way your lot were shooting all afternoon

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
DannyBhoy said:
Shut up you oldham d*cks we won and thats that!!!

You dirty northern bast*rds!

Oh and SEAGULLS SEAGULLS "1-3 1-3 1-3 1-3"

???

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
Right. So you can't answer my question then? You've chosen to write something completely irrelevant. I think we know why.

As for our strikers. Firstly, there was a cracking save from Ben Roberts. Secondly, we started the game with Chris Killen and Scott Vernon (a youth-teamer last season). Killen went off injured after about 25 mins to be replaced by a triallist. And thirdly, I wouldn't get so bloody smug bearing in mind that your strikers don't actually belong to you and that you only mustered three efforts on target in the entire game - a penalty, an unmissable header and a good finish.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
But at the end of the day, goals wins football games, and we scored 2 more goals than you today.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To the aggrieved Latics - you've had a lot on your plate recently, and let's be honest when times are really tough off the pitch fans are not exactly objective about the referee. I do know what I'm talking about, I've seen it from Brighton fans. You sound well pissed off so you've probably got some cause for complaint. But as you yourselves have stated, there were also other mistakes that led to the goals, which is down the the players. I'm not going to have a massive go about a slightly biased match report, I hope Oldham can come through their problems, always had time for them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We have also had a big thank from Dave Hudson of Trust Oldham for the Brighton fans who went to B & Q and bought two buckets to have a whip round for Oldham to help out.

The total amount collected £281.81p

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
Yes, you beat us by two goals. However, the game completely changed in a 5 minute spell. Firstly, the referee gave Brighton an outrageous corner (and I mean totally ourageous). A brighton player just kicked the ball of the pitch. No Latics player was near. From the said corner, the referee gave an outrageous handball decision. 1-0.

A couple of mins later, Will Haining, an excellent defender was forced to go off with his leg in a brace. This left us with 2 defenders, consisting off a player who was playing youth team football last season and a player we got off Bolton yesterday. Paul Murray was forced to go into defence. The other two Brighton goals came from crap defending.

You won. That't what the records will say, but what they don't say is that you won through a dreadful piece of refereeing. Steve Coppell was sat near me and he actually looked a bit embarrassed by the penalty decision. I don't mind people saying stuff like 'Oh, it all evens out over the season'. At least that admits that it was crap refereeing. However, when someone makes comments like 'The ref was just as bad for both teams' I feel I have to respond.

End of rant.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Who gives a shit you lost we didn't, coming on here trying for the sympathy vote will not wash with us what your club has been through during the off season is NOTHING compared to what happened to us, you still play at Boundry Park we lost our home to a wanker From Blackburn, do you have to ground share with a team 70 miles away NO we did, do you play in a shite stadium NO we do, just look forward to your next game because thats all you can do, I tell you what I will for you I will write to the FL to replay the game because you feel robbed and it's all them Brighton fans fault, I am sure they will be most sympathetic, get real mate tomorrows another day.:cry: :cry: :cry:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just got back.

In some respects I agree with R for E - we did'nt play well, and Oldham were piss awful.

Not a great performance by the lads - but at least there's room for improvement.

If R for E thinks that refereeing performance was poor (and fair's fair - it was) you should have been at the Withdean last season for the Sheff Utd match. The ref's performance now has ledgendary status amongst all who saw it.

And for F**k's sake - get a life, it's only a game !

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
The fact is, last season you probably had some pretty outragous decisions given in your favour, but i doubt very much that you complained about them. We got a very lucky decision today by the sounds of it, and last year we were on the wrong end of the very same so i know just how it feels, but you're posting on the opposition's forum, what do you expect total sympathy? If you wanted sympathy i'm sure you could get plenty from your own fans.

But none the less, best of luck to you for the rest of the season, your current situation is all too similar to our own several years ago (the only difference is you kicked the wankers out of your club before we did) so keep the faith!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here