Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora, again

Batman

Feb 16, 2009
Zamora is a must on present form, would love to see an ex albion legend at world cup. In my opinion he will start for the Albion in the 1st game at Falmer, he has always said he wants to end his career at the albion!!!!:falmer:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Birmingham boss Alex McLeish:

"And Bobby Zamora was the big difference. Today, my players had a hard game against one of the best strikers in the league.

"If they are going to step up to the next level, they have to overcome players like him."

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Heart says yes, I can think of little better as an Albion fan than seeing one of our legends play for England, but sadly head says no...unless several players likely to be ahead of him in the pecking order (Defoe, Crouch and Heskey) suffer a complete loss of form or get injured before the end of the season.

...but, who knows what the man who matters (Capello) thinks?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There is always a surprise player who comes up on the rails and grasps the chance at the big tournaments, lets hope it's Zamora.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He was always playing well even before he started scoring. Allthe fulham plays were RAVING about him an his link up/hold up play.

BUT now he has added GOALS which has ALWAYS been the NOBS argument against him.

So glad that one of ou legends is showing the class we always knew he had. You can't score that many goals, even at our level, and not be a natural goalscorer. Just took a while!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
So is he better than Peter Ward ever was?

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Capello definately left before the goal, they showed Bobby celebrating then zoomed in on where Capello had been sitting to see an empty seat.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Zamora is a must on present form, would love to see an ex albion legend at world cup. In my opinion he will start for the Albion in the 1st game at Falmer, he has always said he wants to end his career at the albion!!!!:falmer:

You obviously don't hold out much hope for his performance at the World Cup if you reckon he'll be playing for us a year later!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
In my opinion he will start for the Albion in the 1st game at Falmer, he has always said he wants to end his career at the albion!!!!:falmer:

Not a chance, can you really see his form dipping from a potential England international to a mid to bottom of the table Championship team (if we are lucky) in the space of 18 months? Plus I cannot see his value dipping below 3 million in that time either. He is banging them in in the Premiership, he is banging them in in Europe, his next move will not be down to us, if anything I could see Liverpool making a move, especially if they finish out of the top four.

As for the comments as to why people keep talking about him as he is a Fulham player. The way I see it is we benefitted from Zamora being here and he benefitted from being here. I never recall him thinking he was too big for the club and the club never stood in his way when the chance came for him to progress. This is the big difference between him and say Harding. One is a true pro who nobody on here wishes ill of (remember the chants at West Ham "we love bobby more than you", that says it all), the other was out to get all he could screwing over anyone in his way. Im not saying Zamora isnt in it for the cash but he acts the professional when he does it if he does.

If we could find another consistant 25 goal a season striker for the same money we paid for him we would not be sitting at the arse end of the table and probably at the other end beating Leeds and Norwich

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here