Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nice bit of Whataboutary
It wasn't though. Frank Worthington said he couldn't give a toss about the abuse Zaha gets. You then took a moral high ground by concluding he was condoning racist abuse when it was obvious he was talking about abuse generically. Guinness Boy then rightly pointed out that you're in no position to get all uppity over this viewpoint when your fans regularly abuse Lewis Dunk over a serious crime he wasn't guilty of.

Finally the fact that Dougie is licking your arse should raise alarm bells, as that one is an absolute nob.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nice bit of Whataboutary

Not at all. You said:

"good players will always get abused, but sometimes the abuse or ”Bantz” he receives from other supporters, often crosses the line."

Will you be applying the same morals to Dunk?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
About racist abuse ?
Nice of you to nail your colours to the mast :ffsparr:

Agree. Whilst banter between rival clubs is acceptable, racist abuse is completely unacceptable and it seems as if Zaha gets this regularly. I think he’s absolutely right to call it out after this incident. Time for people to feel the full power of the legal system if they post racist abuse.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Agree. Whilst banter between rival clubs is acceptable, racist abuse is completely unacceptable and it seems as if Zaha gets this regularly. I think he’s absolutely right to call it out after this incident. Time for people to feel the full power of the legal system if they post racist abuse.

Good post which I totally agree with .

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
It wasn't though. Frank Worthington said he couldn't give a toss about the abuse Zaha gets. You then took a moral high ground by concluding he was condoning racist abuse when it was obvious he was talking about abuse generically. Guinness Boy then rightly pointed out that you're in no position to get all uppity over this viewpoint when your fans regularly abuse Lewis Dunk over a serious crime he wasn't guilty of.

Finally the fact that Dougie is licking your arse should raise alarm bells, as that one is an absolute nob.

Thanks

Just to clarify,I in no way condone Racism or racial abuse.In the post i was replying to,it was not mentioned.

I also have friends in Recovery and ex-working collegues who are Palace fans.I find it VERY odd that two individuals would spend so much time on a rival teams forum.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Not at all. You said:

"good players will always get abused, but sometimes the abuse or ”Bantz” he receives from other supporters, often crosses the line."

Will you be applying the same morals to Dunk?

I would say it’s different, Dunk knows he was proven not guilty, Zaha is Black and proud and gets abused because of his colour not something he was accused of.

Taking the piss is part of the game, racism is not. IMO

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I would say it’s different, Dunk knows he was proven not guilty, Zaha is Black and proud and gets abused because of his colour not something he was accused of.

That is your defence for slander, is it? Good luck using that in court.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I’ve been dug out because I didn’t say it was racist abuse ?
If you read the post directly before my one, they mentioned the racist shit he got on Instagram yesterday, my bad for not quoting that post directly.
I think most of you know full well what I was referring to, but I’m Palace on a Brighton forum, so I’m there to be shot at.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Its not different. In both cases it is wrong.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If you read the post directly before my one, they mentioned the racist shit he got on Instagram yesterday, my bad for not quoting that post directly.
I think most of you know full well what I was referring to, but I’m Palace on a Brighton forum, so I’m there to be shot at.

A Brighton forum where a disgusting song about Zaha was called out.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As much as I can't stand the prat, racial abuse aimed at him is disgusting.

Social media needs reviewing because it is too easy a way to do this. I can't see an easy solution.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Well done Palace for putting to bed the idea that they are a one-man team. They are now a two-man team, but unfortunately for them, the other man is a Chelsea player.

And Zaha wishes he was, too. Or Arsenal. Or Spurs.

In fact, anywhere but Palace.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I'll go get my Fathers gun.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks

Just to clarify,I in no way condone Racism or racial abuse.In the post i was replying to,it was not mentioned.

We all know that.

They've dug themselves a silly little hole, by not specifically referencing the Zaha news story.
It could easily be cleared up by saying:-

'I was actually referencing that news story, but the way I worded it does mean we ought to back off Dunk too'.

Or they can

All grab a shovel each and frantically keep digging.

Absolutely no prizes for guessing the approach taken by this bunch of needy idiots.
(and a poster who wants to appear that they're above such things)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Really!

Are you being serious? Equating false accusations with racial abuse.

Are you saying the hurt and affect the false accusations potentially affect Dunk less than the racism Zaha gets? The trouble is nobody knows what goes on in somebodys head. Both situations are horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here